Engines > From Kits/Castings

Ateliers Engine Build

<< < (9/9)

sco:
At the moment it is just fitted together - the parts are really close fitting and there is quite a lot of interlocking.  Plan will be to solder it as some point but I daren't do that yet as there is sure to be a need to take it apart for some reason.

Simon.

Jasonb:
Should be a fun one to solder up. Is there a machining allowance so the critical surfaces can be skimmed after soldering or will mating parts be "adjusted" to suit?

Can you give an idea of the size of that assembly as I don't remember a scale being mentioned? I suppose anything will be a compromise between having it large enough to be able to model the small parts but being able to machine the large items such as the flywheel.

Dennis:
Dave, glad you started a thread on this build.  It is going to be a beautiful model and fun build.  Simon, thanks for posting your assembly, mine is still sitting on the desk in my den, the parts are beautiful as cut and the precision is amazing.

I am greatly impresses by all the comments and input from everyone so far.  Every time I think I am starting to know a little about steam engines I read a column like this one and quickly get humbled by the knowledge freely shared by everyone else.  Thank you all and I hope you continue commenting throughout the project. 
Dennis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version