It's finally finished, it seemed to go on forever. There were a few challenges in this build which made me put it aside for a while but once you have started there is to much work invested to cast it aside. Now I'm very pleased I carried on. It's only when you are finished that you realise which dimensions are critical and how the alignment of all the axis is necessary.
I was wondering what was the advantage of the grasshopper design, I guess it keeps the flywheel within the footprint of the engine and also with the piston at the end of the beam there is more leverage, With a crank stroke of 1" but a piston stroke of 1 1/2" I made the bore smaller than plan at 5/8" which made the engine 7.4cc.
There are lots of hard to get at screws and assembly is best done in a certain order, I have used screws where there should be studs but I like the look of these more and realised it was never going to be a replica anyway so I just coloured it to my taste.
Hope to do video soon.