Author Topic: Learn to Use a 3d printer  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
Learn to Use a 3d printer
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:34:55 PM »
For those of us living in the Delaware Valley that have  or want a 3D printer I have some good news.
A couple of interesting programs from Printed solid 2850 Ogletown Rd Newark DE.

Skill builder Sundays is a once a month meetup.  It's an opportunity to meet fellow 3D printer owners and share your victories and failures or inspirations as I call them.  There is no cost and no agenda.  Bring anything you'd like to talk about.  Our next session will be September 18th at 10AM at the shop.

Learn to use your printer and keep it session with the Wanhao Duplicator i3

For $550 you get a full days training session on setting up using and maintaining a 3d printer and you get to keep the printer you set up and use. Details in link below. This workshop includes a roll of filament and some tools and extras to get started. Also includes a continental breakfast and Pizza lunch.

https://printedsolid.com/products/820build?mc_cid=c03c2eef27&mc_eid=6940b2fbbb&utm_campaign=c03c2eef27-Labor_Day_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Printed%20Solid%20Customers&utm_term=0_a4b097091c-c03c2eef27-254573821

Tin

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Learn to Use a 3d printer
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »
Tin, the date on the link provided is Aug 20, which has passed. Is this a typo or is there another such day planned for Sept, other than the skill builder Sunday you noted.

Bill

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
LEARN HOW TO USE A 3D PRINTER AND KEEP IT. 9-24 SESSION   it is a little confusing the link  is to the next session . the title is on the upper right hand corner of the page. But as you point out the detailed description mentions the past date.

IMHO seems like a good deal for someone new to printing . Comes to about less than $10 per hour for a full days training session with only 3 other people.  You get a Continental breakfast a pizza lunch a roll f filament (retail $38) a print removal tool ($20) ...

Are you thinking of a trip Bill ?
Tin

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 06:44:24 PM »
A bit far for me Tin and work interferes as well, but I agree, it sounds like a full and fun packed day for anyone just getting into 3D printing. Sorry I missed the 9-24 up there in the title.

Bill

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »
No apologies needed bill. If you misses that banner likely others have or will as well.

If I had no printer and no experience I might jump on it . but I have two printers and teach most of this stuff. No for me not a good value.
Tin

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
An update on this thread this program is still going and there are some minor changes month to month  .
the exact printer and price  may change . Matt is doing his best to give the best value and experience to his customers.
The April class features a monoprice mini and is only $350 .

https://printedsolid.com/collections/3d-printers/products/makerselectmini

It does look like he may be offering the larger monoprice I3 clones if future classes for $475.

The April sunday meetup will feature reports from the midwest reprap festival.

Note: These are monthly programs  so check the PS web page or facebook for current info.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:56:27 AM by Tin Falcon »

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
This might be an interesting subject to do (at least on this forum) :

http://hackaday.com/2017/03/10/3d-printed-engine-chugs-away-on-balloon-power/

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »
saw that the other day yes want to build one . I downloaded the files from  Insructables.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal