Author Topic: ML Midge Diesel  (Read 12724 times)

Offline steve-de24

Re: ML Midge Diesel
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:34 PM »
If anyone is wondering about the lack of progress it is because I've discovered one or more errors in the drawings I'm using. I wish I'd calculated the resultant port timing from the individual component dimensions before I'd started - I'll know next time. So the project is on hold until I can sort out how to proceed. Also not helping is that we're heading into summer and fine weather hobbies take precedence.
Steve.

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: ML Midge Diesel
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
If anyone is wondering about the lack of progress it is because I've discovered one or more errors in the drawings I'm using. I wish I'd calculated the resultant port timing from the individual component dimensions before I'd started - I'll know next time.

Very annoying to say the least  :censored:

I've been more or less the same place, when I tried to restore my old Viking 2.5cc diesel. My attempt at a new crank interfered with the bottom of the piston at BDC, so I calculated the port timing and "discovered" that the exhaust and transfer times where a lot more aggressive than the inlet time, so I just decided to remove a bit of the bottom of the piston - Wrong Move  :-X

But I will say that wrong drawings are worse than just taking the wrong decision - I know what I did wrong, but you will have to figure out what is wrong with drawings made by someone else  :thinking:

Best wishes

Per

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal