Author Topic: Cabin Fever 2017 is Coming Quick! Featuring Elmers's Engines  (Read 12880 times)

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
Re: Cabin Fever 2017 is Coming Quick! Featuring Elmers's Engines
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2017, 01:02:13 AM »
I plan to be there, arriving Thursday evening. I have one Elmers engine to bring, and I think I am going to bring the CNC lathe I built last year at the workshop and see if I can find it a new home. I already had one CNC lathe, that seems to be enough. I also have a KX1 mill that I really dont need, but not sure I want to haul them both.

I will probably split my time between the New England group and the Mach software area, but I certainly want to say hello to all the MEM guys. Is there a dinner plan?

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
Dinner? Good idea , Ron.
Last year we went to The Gin Mill.
I'll call today to see if they'll take reservations. If so, I'll reserve for 10.
http://www.lebanonginmill.com/home.aspx

Best,
Stan

Offline bytewise

• Dutchess Co. NY USA
Large model
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
I will be there to set up Friday morning early. My model is 3 ft tall and heavy. I would like a spot at the end of a table so the model can sit on the floor.  I look forward to meeting other MEM members.
Hugh

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
I was there last year and it seemed there were no plans for dinner, at least not at the end of the show. Perhaps it was set up for later in the evening for those staying nearby. I'll be driving up and back from Baltimore so I could join you around 6:00 but not if it will be much later. See you next week!  :cheers:

Offline kvom

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »
Reserved a room at an Airbnb place in Lebanon today.  1 mile from Gin Mill restaurant and 4 miles to expo.

Offline kvom

Re: Large model
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
I will be there to set up Friday morning early. My model is 3 ft tall and heavy. I would like a spot at the end of a table so the model can sit on the floor.  I look forward to meeting other MEM members.
Hugh

The tables are pretty sturdy, and 3' isn't outrageous.  My Joy engine weighs 120 lbs.  Sitting on the floor might pose a traffic problem.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »
Hugh
If you'll be there early on Fri, shouldn't be a problem. As KVOM said, models on the floor are a potential tripping hazard. It should be fine on a table. I'll drop a reservation sheet on our row for you.

Paul
Last year we kind of decided on dinner at the motel.
Given that the show closes for the day at around 4 on Saturday, 6pm is pretty unlikely as folks have to drive back to wherever they're staying, shower, change, etc.   More like 7 with a half hour wait for a table.
Best,
Stan

Offline jclouden

• Front Royal, VA USA
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2017, 03:14:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the show.  I'll be at the show Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.  My wife and I usually do some antique shopping when we are in that area.

Jon

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline Myrickman

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 12:06:52 AM »
Should be able to make it Saturday for the day. Planning to bring the Troshop(sp) Atkinson I finished this summer. Looking forward to seeing some of you. Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal