Author Topic: Help with Silver Solder choise  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: Help with Silver Solder choise
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »
Hey everyone,

The folks at Sievert here stateside have absolutely gone way beyond that “extra mile” in trying to help me. I just cannot say enough good things about Danny, the technician contact. There is nothing wrong with the equipment, unfortunately the setup with the big torch is too big of a flame and the Pin-point torch just cannot produce the amount of heat that I need. I really liked the feel of the Pro 86 handle and the soft single hose, so much easier to handle. I guess I will be forced to sell this unit and go back to a oxy-acetylene rig.
Thomas

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 09:52:13 PM »
Wont that setup take their other nozzles? I have 5 different sizes of the nozzles, pick the one appropriate for the material. Larger heavier parts, larger nozzle.

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »
Wont that setup take their other nozzles? I have 5 different sizes of the nozzles, pick the one appropriate for the material. Larger heavier parts, larger nozzle.

Hi crueby,

Yes it will accept all of their nozzles/burners. My problem is that I need a small narrow flame and the next burner up from the Pin-point that I have, is about twice the size (they gave me some specifications on the various other burners). I purchased and tried their "fixed" pressure regulator and it reduced the flame/heat too much. They sent me one of their adjustable regulators which did work a lot better but still a bit short. I am pretty sure it is my fault and I just expected too much. They sure are nice to work with and gave it their best shot.
Thomas

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal