Author Topic: elmers woodbeam engine  (Read 1912 times)

Offline kevin beevers

elmers woodbeam engine
« on: November 26, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
this is my first attempt at making a model engine i did this because it was just some materials i had and i was chuffed when it ran only runs on air as i did not have any silver solder hope you like
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:36:09 PM by kevin beevers »

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: elmers woodbeam engine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:37:14 PM »
That is an amazing result for a first engine Kevin. I always thought it was one of Elmer's more handsome engines as well, but could be because I also like the "brown" stuff as well as the "shiney" stuff. Well done, thanks for sharing the pictures!  :ThumbsUp:

Bill

Offline kevin beevers

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »
thanks for your comment it was a bit of a chalenge although i made a change to the 2 uprights on the plan it just had 2 metal poles but i changed them for 2 turned ones which i think looks better
kevin

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »
That's a great looking engine Kevin!  :ThumbsUp: It's nice to see you have the picture posting figured out. When you get around to it, some video of it running would be fun to see. Also, if you feel like it sometime, post some pictures of your shop down in the "My Workshop" category. It's always enjoyable to see where all these engines are created.   

I'm a long time woodworker and short time machinist myself. Not much woodworking getting done lately, however.  :)

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline kevin beevers

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 08:13:35 PM »
i will try getting vidio but not shure how to do it,when the workshop is all in order i will post picks at the moment it is in a right mess as i am moving things around .and thanks for your comment
kevin

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:16:24 PM »
Very nice  :praise2:   :praise2:

If you can get your videos on YouTube they are quite easy to link to your post. There are some instructions in 'The Showcase' 'Engines section'. If you don't get it quite right (as I did at the beginning) one of the Mods will usually sort it out  :)
Best regards

Roger

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal