Author Topic: boiler stays  (Read 13552 times)

Offline daveclm

Re: boiler stays
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 02:30:22 PM »
thanks sandy nice 1. can crack on now.

Offline daveclm

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:42 PM »
hi everyone
just thought i would show how far i have got, i soldered the front on, carried it down stairs to cool, then put in the pickling acid, i soddin droped  it in the garden on the concrete, :hammerbash: not to much damage, only it landed on the joint at the front so i took it back up stairs and resolderd the joint . if i ever make another i will make sure i let it cool where it is stood.  :'(. oh yes i was ill after i had solder it, felt like i was getting the flu, could not stop shaking and my breathing was screwed up and was frozen cold. lasted for about 2 hours,  will get a mask when i do the back end and in the shed. wifes doing her nut i burnt the blinds :censored:. i would have done them both at once but i didnet order enough solder :hammerbash:. need to buy a proper gauge.

thanks dave.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:35:54 PM by daveclm »

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
You need to do it in the open or at the very least a well ventilated shed is OK for small bits. You will be burning up a lot of oxygen and making lots of CO2, if not it could be you that dropps on the floor.

Looks a good job so far.

J
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:38:14 PM by Jasonb »

Offline daveclm

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »
hi jasonb

i wont be doin that again in a hurry. im going to be soldering  in open air next time.

cheers dave.

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 10:27:19 AM »
Beware  :( Some fluxes contain fluorides. The symptoms you showed sounded to me like 'Foundryman's Fever' which is a form of fluoride poisioning.
Best regards

Roger

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal