Author Topic: Chris' Build of a Lombard Hauler Engine  (Read 428304 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Chris' Build of a Lombard Hauler Engine
« Reply #465 on: December 21, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
    The half links are sold as individual parts. They are sometimes called "offset links". Here is one source <https://www.thebigbearingstore.com/offset-links/>. Scroll down to the #35 and #25 size. Another link <http://www.andymark.com/Roller-Chain-25-Series-p/am-0682.htm>. Any place that sells the chain should have the half links. I think the chain and links are available in SS as well.
    Wish I could help you on the rollers but I suspect your right that you will have to make them.
Yeah - that was all I could find in the 25 series was the individual half links - at those prices though, the chains I would need would cost a bundle to make up, so I think I will stay on the make-em-myself path. The larger 1/2" pitch chains like on bikes is available a number of places all made up in full chains, will keep that in mind for future projects. Thanks for the look!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #466 on: December 21, 2016, 06:34:55 PM »
I done ate 6 bags of hog cracklings and 6 links of boudin and damn Dog you just keep going like a alligator is hot on ass. Your putting this old coonass to shame son with all that speedy work........ :ThumbsUp:

Don

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #467 on: December 21, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »
Darn Don,  if you had red beans and rice with the boudin he might could use you as the torch on the next soldering op,  just saying  :lolb:. Chris,  if you aren't familiar,  Google boudin and yes they  (and I ) eat it  :lolb: :lolb:

Cletus

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2016, 09:11:07 PM »
I done ate 6 bags of hog cracklings and 6 links of boudin and damn Dog you just keep going like a alligator is hot on ass. Your putting this old coonass to shame son with all that speedy work........ :ThumbsUp:

Don

Darn Don,  if you had red beans and rice with the boudin he might could use you as the torch on the next soldering op,  just saying  :lolb: . Chris,  if you aren't familiar,  Google boudin and yes they  (and I ) eat it  :lolb: :lolb:

Cletus

Um, I have very little idea WHAT the heck you guys said!

Yup, another damn yankee northerner here!!  :cheers:

Assuming it was about food, I'll mention that I just got back from a great lunch with a couple old friends that I used to work with, had the batter-dipped Haddock, yum!

« Reply #469 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
Ha, I slipped in the back kitchen and fried me some beer battered Pollock for lunch  :lolb:

Cletus

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #470 on: December 21, 2016, 07:42:25 PM »
Ha, I slipped in the back kitchen and fried me some beer battered Pollock for lunch  :lolb:

Cletus

Even the cat turns its nose up at Pollock   

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

« Reply #471 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
Picky cat, I thought it quite tasty

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »

Cletus
I guess it's somewhat like a pogie fish except pogie are very oily. We eat it but also make fertilizer and perfume with it. They are High in protein.

Don

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »

Cletus
I guess it's somewhat like a pogie fish except pogie are very oily. We eat it but also make fertilizer and perfume with it. They are High in protein.

Don

Guess I'm picky too, use Pollock for the bait fish it is!   :disappointed:   At least the stuff the mass packagers use. My favorite is Haddock, fresh off the dock up in Maine.... Mmmmmmmm.....!

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2016, 10:05:43 PM »

Cletus

Don

Guess I'm picky too, use Pollock for the bait fish it is!   :disappointed:   At least the stuff the mass packagers use. My favorite is Haddock, fresh off the dock up in Maine.... Mmmmmmmm.....!

It's Ling Cod ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingcod ) for me when it comes to fish and chips!

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »
Moving on to the last set of the suspension parts, its time to make the stirrups that hold the springs up against the bottoms of the frame rails. I cut off a length of 3/8" x 1" bar long enough to get all 4 parts plus some to hold with, and started by drilling a series of holes around the inside of the openings.

and then, realizing that I should have first cut the little notches in one side of each to allow the side bars to sit in tighter and clear the axle clamps, went back and did that next.

Now, back on track, I ran a hacksaw down the rows of holes and broke out the center strip, so that I could start milling the inside surfaces of the u-shaped stirrups to size:

This took the sides to size, but left the bottom corners round,

so stood the block up and did another pass to take the bottom surface down and square up the corners:

and then cut the 4 stirrups apart from the block:

Next time I will clean up the cut edges, and prepare the side bars, which will bolt to the upper sides of the stirrups....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:59:02 PM by crueby »

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #476 on: December 22, 2016, 03:41:46 AM »
That's all really nice Chris, but what does that have to do with cooking and eating white fish?  :Lol:

Oh wait..........this is the machining channel.............not the food channel................my bad!  :lolb:

Anyway, the parts, or parts within a part look great.

Jim

Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2016, 06:21:05 AM »
That's all really nice Chris, but what does that have to do with cooking and eating white fish?  :Lol:

Oh wait..........this is the machining channel.............not the food channel................my bad!  :lolb:

Jim

Thanks Zee... I mean Jim!   :lolb:

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2016, 04:46:39 AM »

Jim

Thanks Zee... I mean Jim!   :lolb:
:mischief:
Speaking of Zee.........where is that boy? I miss his posts. I learned a lot from him.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #479 on: December 22, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »
Excellent tracks  :praise2: and a good, if brief, food section (even if I didn't understand it all  :headscratch: )
Best regards

Roger

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal