Author Topic: Westbury Sealion  (Read 1762 times)

Offline johntenhave

Westbury Sealion
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »
Dear all,

Took a big suck on the teeth and purchased plans, castings, gears and ignition bits from Hemingway. Does anyone have the details of any building blogs for this or the Seal / Seal major?

I have learnt so much from the crafty solutions posted here, it would be a shame not to do the same for an engine I will be building.

Many thanks,

John
Guatemala

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Westbury Sealion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 08:27:52 PM »
Hi John,

Forgive me I am confused are you talking about the Sealion (overhead valves) or the Seal/Seal Major (side valves)? The original Westbury articles are very good about both of these engine builds.

I have casting sets for all of them  :slap: I have the Seal and Seal Major casting sets and hopefully, if I am a good girl  :embarassed:, at Xmas may get the missing Sealion castings.

Jo
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:16:46 AM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline johntenhave

Re: Westbury Sealion
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »
Dear Jo,

I have the Seal lion castings, and am primarily interested in that engine, but my brief time here has shown me that you can learn a great deal from other engine builds. 

So.... I am casting (no pun intended) a slightly wider net - hopefully going from the general to the specific.  There are some seriously clever folk folk here who are very generous with their time and advice and I do not wish to miss the opportunity to learn from them.

Kind regards

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal