Author Topic: Walking Beam Conveyor  (Read 20966 times)

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
Re: Walking Beam Conveyor
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »
Very well done, now are you going to design machines to work at each beam stop locations?
Regards,
Gerald.
No, that gets too far down on the "tiny scale" for me to consider.

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
That is the cats meow Brian.  Now how about offloading them on a conveyor to take them to a drilling station , all timed correctly of coarse.  Seriously,  great job.

Cletus

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »
Tennessee--I'm glad you stopped by and had a look. I was thinking of how you jumped in and defended me on my very first post on this forum, when Jo wanted to pin my ears back because I was posting something other than an engine build. This has been an interesting project, and even though I have been designing automation for many, many years, designing it and building it as a working model are quite different. I do get tired of building engines. At last count I had 23 engines I have built from bar stock, and although it is very rewarding to build an engine and see it run, after a while I like to do something a bit "different".----Brian

Offline John Hill

• Playing in my shed at Ashburton, New Zealand.
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »
Excellent project Brian! :cartwheel:

Offline Alan Haisley

• Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2016, 07:50:03 PM »
I love it, Brian. So much of the produce of the industrial revolution comes from ideas like this. Motive power is great but having it do something really adds to the charm.

By the way, I saw your post for a right angle drive design. Could two of them be used with the walking beam in place of the chain or is the loading too great?

Alan

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »
Alan--my best answer right now is "I don't know!". I will be able to give a clearer answer after I get a bit more done on the right angle drive. I won't be going back and changing the walking beam. It works so well just as it is, that I don't want to mess with it. Glad you liked it.----Brian

Offline Noitoen

• Setúbal - Portugal
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal