Author Topic: The Forncett Model Engineers Day 2016  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
The Forncett Model Engineers Day 2016
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
Hi guys - just a reminder that the annual bash at this great museum is just eight weeks away. Anyone who would like to attend as an exhibitor should get in touch with Bill Starling via the museum - http://www.forncettsteammuseum.co.uk/
As has been covered on here before this is a great occasion for us model engine fans to get together, run some engines and have a good old Norfolk 'mardle'.

With the full size engines in steam throughout the day and some great refreshments even if you don't feel up to participating it's well worth making a visit.

As far as I know at this point, those MEM members coming will be Steam Guy Willie, Modelsteam and Sco plus myself - how about coming along and joining us as well?

Hope to see you there

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline jadge

• Cambridge, UK
Re: The Forncett Model Engineers Day 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 10:18:49 AM »
I am planning to be there, albeit only with work in progress. God forbid that I should ever finish anything!

Having damaged my back last year lifting heavy parts in and out of the car four times I'm planning on bringing some lighter parts this year.  :ThumbsUp: It may include wheel building jigs, wheel progress to date, water pumps (assembled and disassembled), eccentrics and sheaves and a couple of parts I'm working on using the hydraulic copy unit on the lathe. If all goes well I intend to have a video of the copy unit in action.

Andrew

Online sco

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
Yep I'm signed up!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
We're hoping to tie it in with a bit of birdwatching in East Anglia.

cheers,

Rod

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
I will be there with the Beeleigh mill engine hopefully running..........

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 06:30:46 PM »
Hi Guys

Sounds like we'll have a good turn out  :) I know Bill does his best to make improvements each year so I'm sure well have a great day as usual  :)

Hope you can make it Rod it, will be good to catch up as it's been a while.

It'll be nice to see the Beeleigh running Willy - another addition to the family. Hopefully Tony Martin will be there this year with his Anthony mount collection.

Andrew - you don't have to struggle as the volunteers will always help though I do have to admit you do have some heavy stuff  ;) Time was, I would be offering help to bring stuff up the stairs but now I'm the one needing help too  :old:.

Simon - if Wendy's coming can we place a pre order for some of those scrummy cakes  ;) ;)

Look forwards to seeing you all and anyone else who'd like to join in

Regards - Ramon

Online sco

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
Wendy is planning on coming and making some cakes again!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 09:46:38 PM »
Now that, Simon - is the icing on the cake  ;D

Looking forwards to seeing your Mc'onie and catching up

Ramon

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
Hi Guys - At a request from Bill who runs it and just in case anyone missed this before ....

...just a small reminder that the museum's annual ME 'Day Out' takes place this Sunday.  Usual places will be filled by the usual suspects so do come and say hello if you are a MEM member - photo shoot of members at 12.00 sharp - and that's all MEM members if you are there, not just those exhibiting.

So far there are some 22 exhibitors inside and another 23 outside. Doesn't sound much by some standards but we will fill all available space and certainly enjoy ourselves - it is only a small museum after all. Don't forget, all the full size engines will be running as well as quite a lot of their smaller brethren - who knows, maybe even the odd I/C diesel  ;)

Museum opens at 10.00 - lots of nice food available throughout the day too

Hope to see you there

Regards - Ramon

Offline AndyB

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »
Hello to you all,

Sorry that I haven't been on here for a while, I have been so busy with trying to make stuff and work that some things have to wait.

Just to say, it was a fabulous day! Great to see some of you there. I was busy trying to play with my 3" Burrell, and then having to dash inside to demonstrate the lineshaft workshop.

Brilliant write up in ME Tug, and thank you for the mention. You are absolutely correct about me being in my element - there is so much that the Victorians took for granted that we cannot replicate today and a lot of it can be seen in how they made things.
I try to make it entertaining too with some of my old Suffolk squit...I saw Sue laughing.

Best wishes to you all...and try to get there next year if you haven't been. It really is a fabulous day.

Andy
Cry "god for Harry, England and Drummond Lathes"

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
Better late than never Andy ;) It's been quite a while since I heard that phrase - 'a load a' owl squit' (that's Suffolk for bo nonsense in case you are bemused  :))

So it's in the latest issue is it? I wondered when it would be published. Everything's put away for next year - glad to see they have decided to keep the date the same. As Andy says Guys - and I never tire of saying (Yeh I know I know  :old:) it really is a great ME day out, come and find out just how great - you won't be disappointed.

Hope you and Miranda are fine.

Regards Tug

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal