Author Topic: Getting My Wings- 1/4 scale Red Wing--My first I/C  (Read 126628 times)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
Re: Getting My Wings- 1/4 scale Red Wing--My first I/C
« Reply #645 on: April 12, 2018, 01:15:11 AM »
It references a pm he sent me zee. Cletus will know what I mean  :-X

Understood.  ;D
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #646 on: April 12, 2018, 07:28:41 AM »
And did the ladies comment on how fast it fired  :lolb:

I can imagine... "That reminds me of my old man.. He makes out he is making a lot of effort trying but he never seems to be able to sustain anything for long"   :facepalm:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #647 on: April 12, 2018, 12:33:13 PM »
Well I took the old gal into work today for “show and tell “  and it performed wonderfully. Started on the first flick of the flywheels darn near every time  :whoohoo:  Really impressed some of the old farmers. I’m chuffed

Cletus

Good to hear that buddy.....the old farmers know what these engines can do and appreciate it.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #648 on: April 12, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
Sorry guys, a little inside joke between the Professor and I. No they didn’t Bill, but, after reading your post this morning at about 3:00am, I made sure that the ones previously mentioned heard me say today whilst running it “ she sputters, coughs, and gags, but, she keeps going for hours on end  8) :lolb:.  Dave, several of them did remember. As a matter of fact, one said that it looked almost identical to the one his daddy used to drive the pump which filled the water wagon during tobacco setting time. He said by the end of the day, his head nodded when it missed and raised when it hit  :lolb:.  I ran it again today and had a great time explaining to the “newbies” how the hit and miss thing worked. What really impressed me the most today,  was while showing it to a guy that had his 30’ish son with him; the youngster said: “isn’t that basically what GM started with their “4-6-8” engines”? Then he says: “as a matter of fact, my Harley, at idle, kills the fuel to the rear cylinder to help with heat on prolonged stops “ . Come to think of it, one of mine does too (I remember because I had to pay extra for the “fuel mapping” programming”  It tickled me as to how the “kid” related to the technology of the past. Y’all come see us now you hear  :cheers:.

Cletus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal