Author Topic: Opposed Piston Steam Engine ?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline ART

Opposed Piston Steam Engine ?
« on: July 16, 2016, 04:03:13 PM »
Hello, I was talking with a friend today, and he asked me if I knew the identity of a model steam engine so he could possibly get the plans. I have seen the engine he was asking about a few times at the Cabin Fever shows, but I need some help identifying it. It is a small model with two cylinders mounted directly on the flywheel opposite each other. The cylinders might have actually been two of the spokes. They were fixed in position with the pistons activated when the flywheel rotated to propel the engine. The plans might have been published in Live Steam several years ago. Any help identifying this engine would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
                                                                                                                               Earl

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Opposed Piston Steam Engine ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 05:20:56 PM »
Art, are you referring to the Coomber engine? See picture below.

Bill

Offline ART

Re: Opposed Piston Steam Engine ?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:26:13 PM »
Hello Bill,
      No that is not the one I was inquiring about, but it looks to be about the same size. I think the engine I am looking for is also made from barstock similar to the Elmer Verburg designs, but it is not a Verburg design. Thank you.
                                                                                                                                   Earl

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal