Help! > Tooling Review

Parallel Keeper

(1/4) > >>

Mosey:
I seem to easily blow my stack when the parallels fall over in my vice and have used all kinds of keepers in the past. I have found some tiny magnetic keepers that seem to do a great job because they are magnetic. They stick where you put them in the vise and grab the parallels and hold them in place. They are pretty inexpensive too, and their bright red color makes them easy to find even though they are tiny. They are kinda cute, too.
They are called Magkeepers.com. and I got them from EBay for $15.00 for 4.
Mosey

mklotz:
How long does it take you to clean the swarf from them when you mill ferrous stock?

PStechPaul:
A piece of low density foam rubber might work pretty well. Otherwise a couple of springs might do the trick. And maybe a bit of double sided adhesive tape could keep the parallels positioned on the opposing jaws.

I agree that magnets might get covered with swarf and be a nuisance to clean.

Mosey:

--- Quote from: mklotz on June 11, 2016, 11:39:56 PM ---How long does it take you to clean the swarf from them when you mill ferrous stock?

--- End quote ---
About 2 minutes, and its almost as tedious as the other methods of holding, but not quite.
Mosey

10KPete:
I use a piece of that flat springy steel banding, bent in a wavy shape. Material's free and I can make 'em when I need
to for any application.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version