Author Topic: Building Content  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
Building Content
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
The work has just started.  There is plenty of knowledge and experience in these early members.  If this forum is going to attract more new members it will need to build content that will interest them.  To do that quickly, I propose a section where current members can post at least a single photo of some past project and expand on it as time permits.  It would be a quick way to show the world who we are and build some interest.

I will start it off by posting a picture of one of my first projects.   It was done before I knew anything about forums or groups like this and so there are no build photos and it is somewhat crude.   I know you all have a finished project that you could contribute so get with it!  A forum needs contributors.

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
Re: Building Content
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
Hi Jerry,
There is a section "Showcase" one can show them there.  :D
 :)
DaveH

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Is it OK to copy my build log from HMEM, that was posted before the take-over? I already copied it to madmodder, but I'd prefer to continue the build log here.

Of course I can only copy my posts and not discussion from others, but I'd like to have the log all in one place.

Simon

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
Is it OK to copy my build log from HMEM, that was posted before the take-over? I already copied it to madmodder, but I'd prefer to continue the build log here.

Of course I can only copy my posts and not discussion from others, but I'd like to have the log all in one place.

I'm quite happy that you publish material to which you own the copyright here on MEM. It doesn't really matter who else tries to claim it, it's yours & yours to keep...
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline arnoldb

• Administrator
  • Windhoek, Namibia
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »
Hi Simon.

I'm with Admin -  that's fine, as long as you copy only content you provided yourself.
While you were providing that content, you were still doing so under the initial HMEM terms of service which didn't try to claim ownership of content anybody provided.
Your photos are stored on another site, so there is no issue with that.

Kind regards, Arnold
Building an engine takes Patience, Planning, Preparation and Machining.
Procrastination is nearly the same, but it precludes machining.
Thus, an engine will only be built once the procrastination stops and the machining begins!

Offline Cedge

• Greenville, SC, USA
    • The Steam Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
I too will be posting some of the build logs I've written, as time goes by. Since most of my work is also on the MM site, I'm not too worried about the new guys or what they think. It's a bit of work but it's something I can do to lend some content to the new place until the muse strikes me again..

Steve
Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal