Author Topic: Nicely priced 3D Printer  (Read 16662 times)

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
Re: Nicely priced 3D Printer
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2016, 12:44:46 AM »
So chuck what 2020 frame printer are you building. Looks related to the Ultimaker I like the looks of it .Ok after rereading I see it is  a scratch build  are you working off plans or on your own.

Sorry to hear the bad luck with the ramps . I fried an arduino board  when I built my kit but no serious problems. 
And looks like I led Tom down a long winding rabbit trail then down the hole.He bought a printer. 
Tin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:55:35 AM by Tin Falcon »

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 01:32:36 AM »
So chuck what 2020 frame printer are you building. Looks related to the Ultimaker I like the looks of it .Ok after rereading I see it is  a scratch build  are you working off plans or on your own.

Sorry to hear the bad luck with the ramps . I fried an arduino board  when I built my kit but no serious problems. 
And looks like I led Tom down a long winding rabbit trail then down the hole.He bought a printer. 
Tin

Hey Tin,

Kind of a convoluted story behind the design of my 3D printer.  It all stared out as a Tantillus, a very small printer that is made up entirely of 3D printed parts, i bought off Craig's List several years ago.  Then another fellow called goopyplastic on one of the 3D printer forums I used to follow, came up with some 3D printed parts that used 2020 extrusions to make a Tantillus variant.  I used a TechShop Makerbot to print up the corner pieces, then decided to make the whole thing bigger by using longer 2020 extrusions.  From there, I kind of made up my own design using the Ultimaker as a model.  Long story short, I don't think I'm using any parts from the original Tantillus except one of the stepper motors...  :shrug:

I just pulled the trigger on an Azteeg X5 mini, V3 controller board.  I should have it Monday.  With the Azteeg board, I can use a 24v power supply which should help with the printer bed heater and the stepper motor acceleration.  I have high hopes for the print quality when I get it finished.

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 04:21:16 AM »
HMM I am considering another build but not sure if I want to attempt a scratch build .
I have two printers running a almost stock solidoodle 4  and a Prusa I3 kit I built.
I have been pondering 

https://folgertech.com/products/folger-tech-ft-5-large-scale-3d-printer-kit

it is pretty big  seems like a nice kit for $500.
tin

Online wagnmkr

• Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »

Tin

Not only you Tin, but I have to admit, you helped.

I am now looking for a second machine. I am also looking at the same one you are, but so far the shipping costs to Canada and the exchange rate are holding me back.

Tom
I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal