Author Topic: Belated Introduction  (Read 3137 times)

Offline ART

Re: Belated Introduction
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
Thank you for your welcome.
       Bill, Yes I still have, and use often the Sherline Lathe and Mill. I purchased the riser blocks for the lathe headstock and tailstock, and have made several custom toolposts at the correct height from 1.5 x 1.5 alum barstock. I , also made a rear sided parting tool holder from this barstock which works much better than the original front mounted one. I , also made a Z axis riser block for the mill which raises the Z column just above the vise on the cross slide. This clearance gives me a little more room to work.  These modifacations are more or less permanent. Last year I made an ER32 collet adaptor to use on the Sherline spindal nose which uses Shars collets. I found this made setups repeteable , and a lot easier,  especially when using the 4 jaw chuck for smaller pieces. The grip with the collets is better to use to thread stock with a tailstock die holder. The 3 and 4 jaw chucks would let the stock slip which was very annoying.
                                                                                                                             Earl

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal