Author Topic: Opening Ceremony  (Read 2980 times)

fcheslop

Opening Ceremony
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
A little late as usual but just watched the opening ceremony for the  Paralympics  what a stunning event  that showed the true meaning of humanity.
best wishes
frazer
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:16:33 PM by fcheslop »

Bogstandard

Re: Opening Ceremony
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:06:58 PM »
I meant to Frazer, but sadly I missed it. But I am following a few of the sports, in the little time I watch television.

I have great respect for anyone who takes part.

What they must go through to achieve what they do is a real sign of courage and dedication to overcome their disabilities.

John

fcheslop

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »
Hi John ,sorry you didn't get to see the ceremony Stephen Hawkins was a true inspiration as to what we can all achieve no matter how disabled we may be
kind regards
frazer
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:01:54 PM by fcheslop »

Bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:22:55 AM »
Frazer,

It was only a few years ago that I was working basically one handed, my left one, and I was right handed.

It was at that time that I personally think I produced some of my best made from junk engines ever.
It was a time where I had to get back into the swing of things or my shop would have closed for good, and although it took many times longer to do, just the act of trying to do it, made me work that little harder to reach my goals.
Luckily, a couple of operations got me back to where I could use the thumb and forefinger of my right hand again, so it is a lot easier now.

I am actually now in a slightly different predicament, but slowly and surely, I will get back into my shop again, when it has been modded so that I can work in there again.

So I think I can realise a lot better than most at how great those athletes are, to overcome their massive disabilities.

My problems disappear into insignificance.

John
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:28:05 AM by Bogstandard »

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
John,

Keep at it mate you'll get there  :ThumbsUp:
 :cheers:
DaveH

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »
Whilst we are talking Paralympics and I know some of you don't like sports, these athletes deserved to be watched.
All these athletes want is to be applauded for their achievements, they don't want your sympathy - just to be recognised for their endeavour, skill, fortitude and all the hard work they have put in just to get there.  :NotWorthy:  :NotWorthy:  :NotWorthy:

If nothing else watch the 100 meters and tell me you were not impressed. So come on guys all they want is a little support, we can do that by just watching them.  :pinkelephant:  :pinkelephant:  :pinkelephant: 
 :cheers:
DaveH

fcheslop

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
Good luck with the shop mods John .
best wishes
frazer

Bogstandard

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »
Just a note, I wasn't fishing for sympathy, just trying to explain that at a certain time, even with a disability, like the athletes, I went through the same as they are going through now, so can understand completely what they must be going through. There must be many members on here that have done, and either been through or are the same as myself.

Just watching those highly disabled athletes putting themselves through it gives me the inspiration to 'get over it and stop feeling sorry for yourself' and so carry on.

But even so, thanks for your well wishes.

John

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal