Author Topic: Tapping guides  (Read 3236 times)

Arbalest

Tapping guides
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
I hope I've put this in the right place. I've just come across this web page and thought others may find the large number of tapping guides and jigs etc useful.

http://www.micro-machine-shop.com/tapped_threads_reference_tables.htm

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
Re: Tapping guides
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
That web site is crazy; it's enough to drive anyone into a lustful tooling rage :D

Gotta wonder if it's one person with a thing for tooling, or a shop that actually makes stuff.

Simon

Arbalest

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
Yes, I know what you mean Simon!  ;D

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »
One engine, a few pens and some wine stoppers.  Lots of pictures of unused tools.  So, I'll go with....tool lust.
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline rleete

• Rochester, NY USA
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »
I have the blue handled one in the 31st picture down.  It shows it being used on a lathe, held in a drill chuck.

Well, I bought it (Shars?), and found that it's too big for me to use in both my lathe and my mill!  It's a good tool in brand new condition, but I simply can't use it.  I only paid about 10 bucks for it, so I'd like to offer it up for someone else who can actually use it.  I'm going to restrict it to continental US, because otherwise shipping it would be more than it's worth.  It's easily fit in a padded mailer envelope, so shipping shouldn't be too much.

Anyone with a lathe larger than a 7x12 or a larger mill (I have a Grizzly 8689) is welcome to it.  Send a PM with your address.  All I ask is that you post a pic of it in action.

Spoken for already!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:26:16 AM by rleete »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal