Author Topic: V-Block  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
V-Block
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
Today I was doing some work and needed to drill a piece of round rod and thought to make it easier so decided to make a v-block and clamp. Took most of the day but hey its another tool for the box  ;D. I used a small piece of cast iron I had and heres the result. crappy pic (phone) but works like a charm. Just need to get a shorter bolt.
Pete
PS Just added a better picture. The blowholes will be filled with JB Weld when I find it  :ROFL:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:48:43 AM by Pete49 »
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Pete49

Re: V-Block
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:24 AM »
Sorry John .....I didn't see this sub forum.  :old: Won't happen again..I hope :LittleDevil:
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Bogstandard

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »
Pete,

Don't worry about it. In the beginning we said that if you were unsure, put it where you think it should go, and if it is wrong, the admin or mods will sort it later. It only takes us a few seconds.

Good little post and bits BTW.

John

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
Nice work.  Did you make it with a mill or shaper?

Offline Pete49

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
Thanks John. Mayhem made it on the mill would love a shaper though :pinkelephant: but the pension won't strech that far  :disappointed:
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal