Author Topic: Chris' Built-up MEM-Corliss Build  (Read 200351 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Chris' Built-up MEM-Corliss Build
« Reply #1080 on: October 18, 2016, 02:06:25 PM »
Crueby,

I have been following along and got involved watching the details to the point I wasn't visualizing the whole. Today you blew my socks off with everything all together at one.

Well Done. I am also so impressed that you manage these amazing things with some amazing problem-solving imagination and your Sherline lathe and mill.

I did a double-take when I saw the engine next to your machines and started wondering if the Corliss could power the lathe: It would be a heckuva thing to see at a show. (Joking??)

Best of luck and looking forward to your next project.

ShopShoe
It would be fun to run the lathe and mill from it, have to see about a line shaft up on the ceiling!

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #1081 on: October 18, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
Hi Chris,
 Thanks for the info re guards the aerials, figured things must have moved on.
Understand about the differences between pool & lake. Still if things go pear shape it's easier to find in a pool!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #1082 on: October 18, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »
Very very nice  :praise2:  :praise2: I have been following this from the start being another user of small machine tools  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: :wine1:
Best regards

Roger

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #1083 on: October 18, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »
Hi Chris,
 Thanks for the info re guards the aerials, figured things must have moved on.
Understand about the differences between pool & lake. Still if things go pear shape it's easier to find in a pool!

Cheers Kerrin

Oh, much, especially since the rules at the local Y are that we can't be in the pool room without the lifeguard present, so if we do sink a boat or something falls off, the lifeguard gets it back for us. We do have to pay for the time there, but it works out cheap with a whole group pitching in.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #1084 on: October 18, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »
Very very nice  :praise2: :praise2: I have been following this from the start being another user of small machine tools  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :wine1:

so are you starting a Corliss build?!   :cheers:

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #1085 on: November 07, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »
Very very nice  :praise2: :praise2: I have been following this from the start being another user of small machine tools  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :wine1:

so are you starting a Corliss build?!   :cheers:

I don't think so. I can have just as much fun with my fuel injection/diesel project  ::)  :headscratch:  :)  :)  :wine1:
Best regards

Roger

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »
wow thats a great engine and set up........ something to aspire to.......lovely work on such a small lathe as well, will be great to see it running.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #1087 on: November 07, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
wow thats a great engine and set up........ something to aspire to.......lovely work on such a small lathe as well, will be great to see it running.
Thanks! It is complete, there is a video over in the showcase section of the forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal