Author Topic: A few photos of Chipswitheverything's workshop  (Read 12351 times)

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Re: A few photos of Chipswitheverything's workshop
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Looks nice George,  do those floor mats cope with swarf ok?                    Terry

Offline Chipswitheverything

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 01:58:04 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for your comments re. my workshop.  That's a very nice workshop space that you have created, George, very well ordered and equipped, and inviting to spend your leisure time in.
  Brendon, glad that my photos have been encouraging for your own plans for a modest sized shop.   I'd be pleased to have additional room, as most of us would be, but there is a great deal that can be done with the average garage sized space. Certainly it's room enough to make the sort of relatively small engine projects that this forum mostly showcases an excellent proposition. They don't need massive equipment or big working room like a large traction engine or hefty loco might do.
Cheers, Dave

Offline mechman48

• Retired maint.Eng.
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 12:01:55 AM »
Looks nice George,  do those floor mats cope with swarf ok?                    Terry

Surprisingly well considering; that was my first concern when I bought them, but as I have never produced 'blue chips' I can't vouch for heat resistance, mind you I have had a few 'hot' pieces go down the front of my shirt off the mill,  :embarassed:   I brush / hoover up every couple of sessions & swarf sweeps / hoovers up easily enough, apart from some small bits that have been 'trodden in', they have been laid for about 3 yrs now so I can't complain really.

George.
George.

Offline Ridjobradi

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
Chris,  That is a fantastic looking shop.  It would be nice if we could get some of those machines here.  We can find them occasionally, but the prices get rather extreme.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
NICE!!!!!!

.....too neat though.....  8-)
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal