Author Topic: Flyboy Jim's Shop  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
Flyboy Jim's Shop
« on: February 14, 2016, 04:59:54 PM »
I thought this would be a good way to figure out how to post pictures.

I was able to find a spot for my new Sherline lathe and mill, as well as my ever-growing collection of tools and accessories.  I have a hunch that the woodworking equipment is going to get slowly displaced.

Jim

Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Woodguy

• Winnipeg, Canada
Re: Flyboy Jim's Shop
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »
Woodworking and metalworking can coexist if you are careful. You just need a bigger shop.

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 01:18:21 AM »
Nice shop Jim.

I avoid wood as much as I possibly can; I don't like the dust all over my machines and shop!  :lolb:

Dave

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:56:18 AM »
Nice shop Jim.

I avoid wood as much as I possibly can; I don't like the dust all over my machines and shop!  :lolb:

Dave

I guess that might be the nice thing about Sherlines.........................move them out.....................do some woodworking...................clean up...................move them back in.  ;) Won't be a big deal since I don't do much woodworking anymore.

Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline DTR

• UK
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 04:24:50 PM »
Nice shop, Jim.

Wood and metal get along fine in my workshop. Admittedly though I restrict my woodworking to mostly hand tools; they take up less room and make very little dust. Now if only I could stop my bandsaw from spewing dust I'll be laughing....
Dave

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
Jim
Very nice.
I have a metal end if the shop and a wood end (which admittedly gets little use now.)
I'm about to divest myself of the Jet jointer and dust collector, Delta lathe, planer and over arm sander.
Makes more room for metalworking stuff.
It looks like you have  a Unisaw with Biesmeyer fence. Mine will stay as I do use them.
As you get more metal stuff, the storage becomes an interesting exercise.
Good luck.
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal