Author Topic: Cole's Corliss  (Read 10865 times)

Offline jeff l

Re: Cole's Corliss
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »
I planed to have this engine ready to display at NAMES  but kidney cancer last year put a damper on it's progress , I'm going to NAMES this year but have nothing worthy enough  to display .Jeff

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »
Jeff, the picture issues comes up from time to time and somewhat randomly. Usually it can be traced to "something" in one of the pictures you are trying to post and if you are posting multiple pictures, that one can hang up the whole post. What has worked for me is to type your text and then begin adding the pictures one at a time and trying to post. Once posted you can edit the post and add additional pictures (again one at a time). When it snags, you will know that the most recent picture is the cause. Usually re-editing the picture and resaving it to your computer will clear up whatever is causing the software to reject that particular picture. Its a PITA but fortunately doesn't happen that often. The process really isn't as tedious as it sounds like once you try it. Hope that may help some.

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »
Fior whatever reason, I rarely get the problem with pictures, posting problem I see oftenis if I try and put several dashes in a row in the text. Both issues can be a pain, but can work around them.

Awesome work on the engine!!!

Offline jeff l

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 11:06:43 PM »
some work on the governor, making all the parts out of bar stock instead of using the castings that were supplied

Offline jeff l

Coles Corliss
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 03:19:33 AM »
I had tried several times to add build photos to my thread but can not so I'm starting a new thread to see if this works .
Work done on the governor stand all parts made out of steel instead of the casting that was supplied .

Sorry for starting another build thread .

Offline 10KPete

• Nordland, WA, USA
Re: Coles Corliss
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 04:40:17 AM »
Nice bit of work there! Will it all be brazed together?

Pete
Craftsman, Tinkerer, Curious Person.
Retired, finally!
SB 10K lathe, Benchmaster mill. And stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal