Author Topic: 2016 N.A.M.E.S. Expo, info flyer  (Read 21076 times)

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: 2016 N.A.M.E.S. Expo, info flyer
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2016, 10:16:45 PM »
Can anyone give me some contact details for Flore DiBernado .
He displayed his magnificent Maserati 4CL car and the equally incredible Maserati 8CL 8 cylinder engine at NAMES this year.
The address on display card says London ,Ontario, Canada.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2016, 11:01:45 PM »
Art and Dave, thanks for the photos,  almost made me feel like I was there,  wait a minute,  I was  :lolb:. Once again,  great to see all of you guys  :cheers:.

Cletus

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2016, 12:13:18 AM »
It was a really good show this year. Great to see members I already knew, and to meet some for the first time.

I managed to spend a little money. I bought a book and a set of castings, and was sitting pretty happy but there was more to come!

gldavison was sticking around for the raffle drawing, and I decided to do so too. Art and his wife then decided to stick around.

You can't imagine my surprise when they called my name for fourth prize. I won the cutest little 3d printer:

https://printm3d.com/

I'm waiting for some filament to give it a spin.

Good show.

--Tim

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
Congrats Tim!

Did you have to be present to win? Looking forward to an update on how it works for you. I bought a couple tickets but didn't ask if I needed to be there for the drawing.

Dave

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »
Need not be present to win. But since I was, I got my photo taken shaking a gentleman's hand.

I've been reading reviews of the unit, and it seems that people like it. It seems tiny at first, but the envelope is nearly 10cm cubed.

Seems to me that''s plenty for this class of consumer machine.

--Tim

Offline kvom

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2016, 01:06:56 AM »
I enjoyed the show, and the paddle engine ran fairly well given its incomplete state.  I had the paddleducks engine on the table, but didn't get it to run again as yet.

Picked up a few goodies from the vendors, including a nice lot of small (1/8" and less) carbide endmills for $4 each plus some taper pin reamers.  I also got a nice looking Jacobs chuck with a straight shank and a chuck key.  I've been seeing my Albrecht keyless chuck come unscrewed on the CNC with small drills when the spindle slows to a stop.  Keyed chuck hopefully will solve that problem.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »
Guys thanks so much for the pictures, almost make me feel like I was there. I really wished that I could of been there and glad to see new faces and the names behind them.

Don

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal