Author Topic: Pendleton, SC show, 2016  (Read 7710 times)

Offline gbritnell

Re: Pendleton, SC show, 2016
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »
Thanks Bill for the pictures. Hopefully the show will pick up momentum and grow. You never know unless you try. We have a small show up in our neck-of-the-woods (Zanesville, Ohio) and although it's attended by a great bunch of modelers it never really picked up steam with the spectators.
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 06:22:46 PM »
... although it's attended by a great bunch of modelers it never really picked up steam with the spectators.

Yes, it's very difficult to sell craftsmanship and history to people who don't read or make anything.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »
As with a lot of hobbies there are events and shows that pretty much attract those interested enough to display and unless it's a well known event,  then it's pretty much a good excuse for those displaying to get together and see who built what and shoot the sh#t about it.  I've found it to be true in the antique car and motorcycle arena.  Now,  we have one of the oldest in the nation,  steam threshermans shows held just outside of Springbucket every year.  I think GWRDRIVER said he attended for a couple of years.  There is only one model builder represented,  and I have yet to catch up to the old boy.  I kinda feel bad because,  being right here at home,  I haven't tried to join in.  I'm going to post a link to the show and if anybody thinks it would work into their schedules,  I would love to host anybody wanting to attend and make it a mid summer venue.  http://www.tnkythreshermenshow.com

Cletus

Offline Chuck Rhoades

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:34 AM »
My brother lives in Whitehouse Tn. We try to make that show if it's not 100 deg with 90% humidity. I'll do my best to make it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal