Author Topic: Two little CHUK's  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Chipmaster

Re: Two little CHUK's
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
I intend to take my inverted Chuk2 along to the Winterbourne event on Saturday but it hasn't been running so well lately because it was in need of a thorough clean and decoke. The shutter and diaphragm valves also needed a bit more lapping because they were coated in a tough black layer of burnt oil. Finally the engine was treated to a new return spring for the shutter. With my shutter drive arrangement the return spring gets roasted and gives up eventually.

Jo - Here's a video of the engine featuring the wholesome exhaust sound after its service, have you tuned your Chuk yet?

t=16s

Andy

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2019, 07:05:09 AM »
After watching listening to that I think the thread should be changed to "Two Little Ducks"

I did hear that Jo may be working on the triples again :lolb:

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2019, 07:19:26 AM »
Jo - Here's a video of the engine featuring the wholesome exhaust sound after its service, have you tuned your Chuk yet?

Hi Andy, I am sure the little (and big) kiddies will enjoy listening to the unique sound of your engine. It may even be one of those memorable items that encourage them to start making their own model engines  :ThumbsUp:

I hope to get back to engine (sound) tuning after I sort out the burner..

I did hear that Jo may be working on the triples again :lolb:

As I mentioned to you: I need to finish off the Triples so that I can get the centre bench back to enable me to make larger models  :-X

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2019, 07:22:54 AM »
BB1 time :cartwheel: