Author Topic: Ozouf Wall Engine  (Read 2175 times)

Offline kvom

Ozouf Wall Engine
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
A year ago at NAMES I saw Ozouf's Coventry engine running, and subsequently both Stan Shire and I ordered the booklet with the plans.  I have been considering building the Coventry since then, but having seen Stan's version I suspect a build by me would suffer by comparison.  Ozouf's booklet includes plans for two other oscillator engines, one wall mounted and another horizontal.  Since I've been too lazy to get into the shop and actually make anything, I decided to model the wall engine in Solidworks to get an idea of the effort involved in actually building one.

In comparison to the Coventry, I think this one is slightly more difficult in that there are a number of small finicky parts, and the engine is a bit smaller besides.  Most of the fasteners needed are 4-40 and smaller (plans are imperial units).

I haven't found any errors in the plans, although the small print can cause errors which were revealed in the modeling (e.g., 1-1/32 vs. 11/32).

Attached in a preview print from SW showing most of the major parts other than the valve linkage.

I'm not sure if/when I'll attempt this one given the number of unfinished projects in my shop.  Anyone wanting to try it is welcome to my SW2015 files.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Re: Ozouf Wall Engine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »
Kirk
Thanks for the complement but....
Having seen your magnificent Joys Valve engine, the wall engine would be a beauty.
It does have its share of Fiddly Bits which look like candidates for CNC.
The Coventry had enough of those to take a break from another Ozouf engine.
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal