Author Topic: Suzanne needs your help  (Read 8241 times)

Offline philjoe5

Re: Suzanne needs your help
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
Thanks steam guy.  I found this book on Google Books and have downloaded it.  I'll see if I can find what I'm looking for.  Added:  The free download is poor quality, especially in the drawings, so if you can have a look I'll appreciate it.

Cheers,
Phil
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 11:29:15 PM by philjoe5 »
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
Having compared the drawings for Suzanne with what I have seen of Dora's they look remarkably similar, except that there are 21 sheets in the Suzanne drawings and only 16 in the Dora set  :noidea: I suspect that Willy originally drew up this engine and sold the rights to a number of ME suppliers across Europe.

I am hoping that GLR may, as a result of my enquiries, be able to provide this engine again in the future and that will be at UK rather than Swiss prices :drinking-41:

Willy has also designed some other rather nice engines  :embarassed:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
Maybe Dora was done on A3 sheets

Yes Willy has a few designs, his "Anna" will be the subject of a build article starting in the next issue of ME :)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 05:02:52 PM »
The layout of the detail on the sheets are identical. What ever size you print them on.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal