Author Topic: A Bench Milling Machine...  (Read 10771 times)

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
Re: A Bench Milling Machine...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
45??

Somewhere I have a lost of Murphy's laws of combat that runs to well over 100 items - my favourites being "A sucking chest wound is nature's way of suggesting you might slow down a bit" and "The deadliest weapon available to your enemy is your own second Lt when he has a map and a compass", and possibly "All firefights take place at night, in the rain at the intersection of four map sheets".

But I also like Murphy's law of Economics: "To economists the real world is invariably a special case", and Murphy's law of Photography:"The best pictures are always lost when someone opens the door of the darkroom and all of the dark leaks out".

AS
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

Offline kellswaterri

Re: A Bench Milling Machine...
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »
Murphy has a lot on his conscience - 45 Laws, and not one of them with a positive outcome  :censored: :ROFL: :lolb: :ROFL:

All firefights take place at night, in the rain at the intersection of four map sheets". :ROFL:

Hi folks  ...  i was using the mill on Thursday,  running well had set up the HP cylinder for doing the valve spindle holes bored them 1/8''...( drill reamer) Sort of found its way into my tool kit...then opened to 1/4''they finish at 3/8'' ,If I have read the drawing correctly.
Murphy (bless his heart) is becoming a right little SOD...the lead screw drive is ti ghtening up as the head is nearing the top of vertical axis ...a little further adjustment with a club hammer will  do the trick,
                               cheers,
                                            John.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal