Author Topic: Cabin Fever 2016  (Read 21710 times)

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
Cabin Fever 2016
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »
It is only about 6 weeks now until Cabin Fever 2016. Remember it has returned to its original date in January. It has also moved to the Lebanon Valley Expo center. I talked to Gary the other day and he says there is plenty of room there, almost the same as at York. He will have all the usual areas, model boats, trains and lots of tables for steam and gas engines.

He has several vendors this year with CNC equipment and he is hoping we can get some exhibitors in to show their home CNC projects. I know its kind of hard to bring along a whole mill conversion, but maybe some parts, photos, etc can be brought. Ive been working on a small lathe that may be far enough along to bring.

I am still working on the details, but it looks like Brian Barker will be holding an all day class  on Installing and Using Mach4 on Friday. Details still being worked, I will post more when they are complete.

Offline Dreeves

Re: Cabin Fever 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
Got my hotel and am looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Ron hope you have a safe trip down.

Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »
I will miss seeing you guys this year, but the January date just won't work for me until retirement anyway. Hope you all have a great show and take lots of pictures for us.

Bill

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
I'll review with the commissioner this weekend, and see if I can get out there this year....!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 06:30:45 PM »
I will also miss seeing you guys this coming year. So have fun and make sure to take lots of photos.

Don

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 06:49:25 PM »
Bums!

I mean 'bummer'!

I plan to be there. I'm thinking of a mill and hoping to learn more about CNC, tools, etc.

Unfortunately she who owns half the purse strings (yeah...I 'm fooling myself) was laid off yesterday.  :'(
I tried to convince her that now was her chance to become a housewife   :cartwheel: ,thinking I could get out of the dishwashing,  :embarassed: but that was quickly and summarily dismissed.  :hammerbash:
I suspect because of the dishwashing.  :headscratch:

BTW I thought Grizzly had a showroom in Muncy, PA but their site doesn't show it. Anyone know about this?
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Boys, I'm riding the fence as of now.  It almost broke my heart to miss the show and all the guys there last year, Hell,  Bill didn't even get to garner any Amex Points for me  :lolb:  (although,  now, I'm glad I did,  for the reason I had to ) . I may fly in and spend a day,  but, I just don't know as of now.  I'll admit,  I really am going to miss being able to set up the RV in York and have everybody "up to the trailer " for food and drink  :shrug:. We'll see.

Cletus

Offline kvom

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »
I'll hold off on deciding until I see what the weather looks like.

Might drive or might fly or might stay home.  If I drive I'll hail up the Joy engine, and maybe the Westbury if I get it finished.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »
Zee
The Muncy showroom closed last spring.

Everyone else
If you can't come to CF then you can make up by coming to NAMES in April.
Your absence should put a significant dent in the local bar business.
Best,
Stan

Offline littlelocos

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 10:59:45 PM »
Joy and I will be there this year, set up right inside the door to the main hall.  We've kicked around the idea of bringing our 3D printer and have it running during the show.

If you make it to the show, stop by and say "Hi."  We're looking forward to a good time.

See you there,
Todd.

Todd & Joy Snouffer
Littlelocos Model Engineering

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
I really want to go.  It will depend on the weather.  I drive to and from the show in the same day and it is a three hour drive each direction.  Any chance of snow and I won't go.

Bummed that Bill and Don won't make it.  They are great guys.

I am trying to get my Lobo Pup Twin done for CF and possibly another really small engine.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 12:31:25 AM »
It should be a great show!
I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.
I'll be there all 3 days this year.
What's the best Hotel deal?
  cheepo45

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:43 AM »
Cletus...riding the fence is dangerous. If either leg slips...you'll be no good to Lou. If it happens...I'd be happy to console her  :naughty:
(It took two occurrences for me to figure out not to ever go over. Best to go under or around.) P.S. Electric fences are even faster teachers. Been there.

Stan...it closed? Anything significant about that? Seems odd that the only eastern showroom closed. Do we not count? This is a bummer for me. I had plans to drive there and pick up my hoped for equipment. Crap.

As for the weather...yeah it's a given. I wouldn't want anyone to risk driving through bad weather...or next to the idiots who do.

There's still a few of you I haven't met at CF yet. But yeah...chance of snow will keep me home. As it is, I hate driving at night anymore.

I'm really going to miss seeing some of you guys.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:15 AM »
I have to admit I will also miss it, we're going to be out for Christmas though. I am planning to be at NAMES though.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 03:32:14 AM »
I'll be there with the Rough & Tumble crowd.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.  I hopefully will have the sun & planet gear steam engine running BUT have discovered a snafu on my part that hopefully I can fix by mid January.

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal