Engines > Your Own Design

20 cc Horizontal 2 Stroke Diesel

(1/74) > >>

Roger B:
You can never have too many projects on the go  :)

As I am slowly progressing with my fuel injection system I need an engine to try it on. This one has popped up in a couple of threads already and now it's time to make a start. The design is (very) loosely based on the Field Marshall tractor engine. If it works I will then build the tractor to go round it. Some basic details:
Bore 25mm
Stroke 40mm
Theoretical compression ratio 25-1
Cylindrical open combustion chamber
Reed inlet valve(s)
Water cooled

I have a piece of 120mm diameter aluminium for the crankcase and some 50mm cast iron for the cylinder block and head. The 120mm bar will be a challenge with my lathe but I have some ideas.

b.lindsey:
That's a sizeable chunk of aluminum Roger, but you will figure it out. Do you have a rough sketch of it yet?

Bill

Jo:

--- Quote from: Roger B on November 26, 2015, 08:38:49 PM ---You can never have too many projects on the go  :)

--- End quote ---

Or casting sets  ;D

Jo

Roger B:
This is the current state of the design. There are a lot of details to work out but as long as I can get started on the big aluminium piece I think that it is buildable (whether it will ever work is another question  ::) )

The yellow circle is the 120mm dia. piece of aluminium.

Niels Abildgaard:
Hello Roger

This one does not interest me anylonger so You can have the crankcase with inside crank if You can use it for experiments.
Stroke is 44 m and a piston of 28mm dia will be possible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version