Author Topic: .90 cu in, 30,000 RPM, 7.2 HP custom built nitro engine  (Read 96410 times)

Offline DRT

Re: .90 cu in, 30,000 RPM, 7.2 HP custom built nitro engine
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2020, 04:22:59 PM »
James Allen..
There's the sine bar...  ;)I have absolutely nothing to say just continue. Every piece dowloaded and the words are recorded. You know it is going to the advanced model boating blog. It will never be lost. Im still trying to comprehend the sharpness on a wedge cut from the front to the back from 1/16th of an inch spring steel stock. You are rediculous James to only want a half inch of fin in the water at speed. :ShakeHead: Clearly you know how much reducing the drag pays back in speed. Tell Lukes US champion. I had to remind him your crapshooter also took worlds and was much faster than his electric one with ever single piece of hardware and IC motor building done by you. He spoke about Americans being behind I think he should come here and see some of the work the people are here doing. Im blown away by some of the stuff I see. It is extremely humbling for me and makes me feel small if I thought I'd actually accopmplished something.

JRBD would say your self "agrandizing" here. But we know he meant aggrandizing  LOL  :stir:

:cheers:
Hubert.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:31:00 PM by DRT »

Offline strictlybusiness1

• ME., Tool Maker
Re: .90 cu in, 30,000 RPM, 7.2 HP custom built nitro engine
« Reply #511 on: July 25, 2020, 01:44:49 AM »
Hugh,

That's not a sine bar in the second photo. It's an electronic protractor, accurate to 1/10 of a degree. The thickness of any wedge shape at the leading edge was .010" of an inch. This included steel rudders, steel skid fins, & aluminum rudders. Careful rounding of the leading edge produces something that is sharp, but not sharp enough to cut your hand.

JA