Author Topic: Rider Ericsson 1/2 scale castings source  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Perry

Rider Ericsson 1/2 scale castings source
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
Hello
 I really like design of this engine and I'd like to know if there is a source of 1/2 scale castings set -no longer offered by Myers models.

Any advice appreciated.
Perry

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Rider Ericsson 1/2 scale castings source
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »
Myers still shows the 1", 2" and 3" bores casting sets. The 3" is shown as out of stock at the moment however. I am not aware of any other casting set suppliers for this engine at the moment. perhaps someone else is.

Bill

Offline Perry

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:40:16 PM »
Just got email from Myers today that 3inch version will no longer be offered..  :shrug:

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »
Oh ok, he hasn't shown that on his website yet I guess or maybe I missed it. The 2" bore is a goodly sized engine even so, so you might consider that.

Bill

Offline Perry

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »
That is right , and I already spend some time reading build logs - yours too Bill, your 2incher looks really good, I mean beautiful. I just missed opportunity to purchase partially machined kit that was on eBay those days for reasonable cost..  :facepalm:

Anyway. If anyone can direct me to " unloved " set of castings in 1/2 scale I'll be  :P - not that I have lathe large enough for that flywheel but that can be solved later on..
Peter

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:26 PM »
That is right , and I already spend some time reading build logs - yours too Bill, your 2incher looks really good, I mean beautiful. I just missed opportunity to purchase partially machined kit that was on eBay those days for reasonable cost..  :facepalm:

Anyway. If anyone can direct me to " unloved " set of castings in 1/2 scale I'll be  :P - not that I have lathe large enough for that flywheel but that can be solved later on..
Peter

Peter.

I've been rummaging through the workshop, realising that times running out and a number of acquisitions made on my way will never be started, let alone finished!

I have a set of Iron and Gun metal castings with a 13 " dia flywheel . Do you, or any members know what scale that might be?

Also found/rediscovered Centaur gas engine kit, Mery six cycle engine kit ( Roland ) and a part finished original Leek 1/4 HP Gas engine. I'm sure there's a 1/4 scale Robinson HA engine kit somewhere too, I bought it to see what my opposition was selling when I launched the 1/2 scale version.

I never got around to the Hienrici side by side engine, there's a full set of Aluminium master patterns sat in a box! Crossley 1065 double side shaft at 1/2 scale. My goodness misspent youth??

Cheers, Graham.

Offline Perry

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Hello Graham, according to flywheel size that might be it! Wow you also mentioned mery 6cycle engine that is another one on my dreamengines list.. PM sent..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:28:39 PM by Perry »

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »
I think someone might want to know the serial number of that set of Mery castings ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:43 PM »
I think someone might want to know the serial number of that set of Mery castings ;)

Jo

Hi Jo.

It's legit !!   ;)

Roland and I met up for the NAMES...... My one and only trip to the USA...  We were shown the very best of American hospitality. I have some really fond memories of that weekend

Kind regards, Graham.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal