Author Topic: Model Engineer Exhibition  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Model Engineer Exhibition
« on: October 18, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »
I have just been told that the SMEE have arranged the Model Engineering Exhibition to be held next year at the Brooklands Museum at Weybridge on the 16th, 17th and 18th September 2016  :whoohoo:

Jo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:10:46 PM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Model Engineer Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:30:23 PM »
Someone has been talking before they should have, hope you were not told that in confidence :-X

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »
No I was told to Shout it as loud as I can so that we can get people to bring some nice models along to the show.

As it is not far away shall I join in with the ICEBG stand or look to organise a MEM stand  :thinking:

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
Actually I was rather late publicising this as I have just found the following Emoo in my 'other' account dated 19:50 last night  :-[

Model Engineer Exhibition 2016

Brooklands Museum, 16th, 17th & 18th September  15/10/2015
-                                                                                                                                            -
MODEL ENGINEER EXHIBITION 2016 (Formerly at Sandown)

Dear Organiser,

You will be aware that the Model Engineer Exhibition that has previously been held at Sandown Park was not planned to take place in 2015 which provided the organising team with time to establish a more suitable location. We have spent a lot of time trying to find such a location - one that would fulfil all our needs - and this has not been an easy task.  We are pleased to say that we have now completed negotiations with Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, Surrey, finding it to be an ideal venue to host the MEX2016 event.

It was important to us to keep MEX within the same area as we did not want to lose your support. Brooklands offers everything we require in terms of space and situation, plus the added attraction of the museum itself. We believe the location will greatly enhance the experience of exhibiting at, and visiting, MEX. We also feel that the time of year will be more suitable to accommodate outdoor activities, be easier for travel and is also away from other exhibition dates.

We will be writing to you shortly with a formal invitation and more detailed information about the planned event but, in the meantime PLEASE PLACE THE DATE IN YOUR DIARY.

If you are not familiar with the new venue you may be interested to have a look at:- www.brooklandsmusuem.com

We are looking forward to this new venture and feel sure that it will be a very enjoyable exhibition for your club members and the visitors.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Law and Steve Eaton                                                               MEX Model  Display Organisers

Sorry I delayed passing on the information  :slap:

Jo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM by Jo »

Offline Dennis D

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
There is a typo in the link 'museum' is spelt musuem should be http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »
 :facepalm: Thanks Dennis.

Jo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:04:46 AM by Jo »

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
The official announcement here

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
That makes it sound as if they are claiming the MEX as their own :headscratch:

Mike Law and Steve Eaton who are organising the MEX are members of SMEE  8) not employees of any publishing company  :hellno:

Jo

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »
But without the sponsorship of that publishing company and the publicity they will give it I doubt there would be any show.

Does say on that letter you posted that Mike and Steve are the "display organisers" do they also arrange everything else? Whould have thought SMEE would have something on their site rather than just get people to shout about the show?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:09:00 PM by Jasonb »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal