Author Topic: EMAIL PROBLEMS  (Read 5546 times)

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
EMAIL PROBLEMS
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
Folks,

Once again, our email server(s) have been placed on a load of blacklists. The result is pretty much all of our e-mail gets blocked by the recipient e-mail server. Although I've tried to clear this up, the problem keeps recurring.

The issue, I believe, is caused not by us, but by the fact that our hosting provider's mail server(s) are shared by lots of clients (not just us), and some of those clients are either compromised or sending spam. The end result is we suffer.

To address this, I'm going to move our mail to a different server; this should correct things in the long term; and should we end up back on blackists then at least I'll only have 1 IP address to clean down instead of about half a dozen....

In the meantime, most people will not receive notification of private messages, or if you're registering you won't get your welcome e-mail, nor your confirmation e-mail. If you've forgotten your password then the password reminder/renew e-mail won't make it to you. Apologies. If you want to check your registration status, or change your password, please use the Contact Us form (linked in the News box at the top of the screen), the admins are receiving e-mails (mostly).

I'll try to resolve this as soon as I can, but it's likely to be next week at the earliest.

Cheers,
Ade.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: EMAIL PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Frustrating for you I am sure Ade. To my knowledge it hasn't effected me yet as I am still getting email notices of new member sign ups, and PM messages received. I have noticed that some of those have been delayed in the last week or so, but they still come through.

Bill

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »
I believe I've got the outbound e-mail problems licked. We should know for sure by the end of the weekend...

Bill - inbounds were never the problem, anything that was sent out of the MEM account was getting bounced; but not on ALL hosts, only some.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
Many thanks, Ade!! Hopefully its sorted out so that it won't have to be dealt with on a repeating basis, frustrating for you I am sure!!

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal