Author Topic: Info Help Needed  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Bill Gruby

Info Help Needed
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
 OK, this is a request for any info I can get on a TipLap Cutter Grinder. This was manufactured in the UK by Boremasters. I have parts for one and would like to resurrect this Cutter Grinder. Pictures below afe of a complete unit and the other is of the parts I have. Any info no matter how brief will be appreciated.

"Billy G"

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Info Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
Looks like you have a very useful little cutter grinder there. The basic principals of using a cutter grinder are all the same, so why don't you down load the handbook for the Alexander Deckel colone http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/426245.pdf.

The head that you have currently mounted looks like it can take both square *lathe tools" and round tools.  Does the  table with the protractor fit under the std holder? if so that will give you the measurements of your angles.

The other holder looks like one for doing milling bits. You will need a "click" to keep the angles but other than that it looks like all your sharpening needs are sorted.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Bill Gruby

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
 Thank you. The second picture is waht I have. With what you gave me and the first picture I should be able to reverse engineer the beast.  :shrug:

"Billy G"

Offline Bill Gruby

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »
 I now have the PDF for the wheel spindle. It came from Model Engineers Workshop Jan. 2010 #159 page 10. This should get me started just fine. A big Thank you goes out to the author David Haythornthwaite as he is the one that sent them to me. looks like a real nice build comming up.

"Billy G"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:36:35 PM by Bill Gruby »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal