Author Topic: Rough & Tumble Annual Reunion  (Read 6630 times)

Offline philjoe5

Rough & Tumble Annual Reunion
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:52:58 AM »
The Rough & Tumble Annual Reunion is running from August 12 - 15.  I'll be there and since I just got back from the local Durabar distributor in York, PA with these goodies for the princely sum of $30 USD:

I thought I'd share this with anyone attending.  The material on the left is Durabar cast iron and on the right Durabar cast bronze (bearing).  I also have other stuff in stock.  You can have it for the scrap price I paid since I don't sell this for profit.  PM me with your needs and I'll bring it to the show if I have it.

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Re: Rough & Tumble Annual Reunion
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
Phil
I'm in on the 1.5" bronze. Sold!
I'll be setting up early on Thursday, followed by breakfast at the Gap Diner. I need a cholesterol fix.
Best,
Stan

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:20:06 PM »
I'll be there Friday and maybe Saturday. I hope there is enough room for my display.
 cheepo45

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
Stan, Cheepo,
I got you guys covered for stock, bronze and CI.  There should be plenty of room.  IC's usually set up under the shed.  I'll have my Bonzer going there.

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Here's our very own Stan "READING AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL"!  And I was there to preserve this historic event :ROFL:

BTW, Stan's first attempt at steaming his quarter horse was successful today.  I think he'll be posting the required video at some point.  Congratulations Stan :ThumbsUp:

Cheers,
Phil

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 12:12:52 AM »
Nice!

Dave

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:58:53 AM »
In the interest of full disclosure:
1. The 1903 Singer threading instructions were perfect. Threaded the machine and the bobbin on the first try.
2. The ¼ horse wouldn't run yesterday. Locked tight. After consultations with Phil, we determined that the probable cause wasn't hydrolock. It was the PMR Teflon rings expanding. First thing this morning, I removed the piston, pulled the rings and, after reassembly (with no rings) it ran on the first turn of the flywheel.
3. The belt to the sewing machine was wet from steam and no amount of tensioning would keep it from slipping. It's going on air tomorrow so I can get some sewing done.
4. Fred and I ate way too much pulled pork and corn dogs.
Best,
Stan

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 02:58:45 AM »
Have fun guys, and take lots of pictures and/or videos for us.

Bill

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 04:25:01 AM »
Stan and Phil,
It was great to see the two of you this morning. Here are some photo's of the usual suspects.

Mother in law is doing much better today and fortunately doesn't remember how much pain she was in last evening after the shoulder surgery. Running around Rough & Tumble was the perfect tonic. Thanks for the suggestion Phil.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 11:36:52 AM »
Art, great news on the mother-in-law and great pics. Looks like a great time is being had by all, "Fun for the whole family" :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:. Phil, I thought Vern was reading the cutting and sewing instructions from a TuTu pattern. :lolb: :lolb:. Y'all play hard now ya hear.

Cletus

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
Thanks for the pics!

Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
Looks like a great venue too.  Does the show run through tomorrow?

Bill

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 08:05:04 PM »
Cletus,
Cut Stan some slack, it's not a timing belt, it's a sewing machine. I thought I would throw out a few more shots from Rough & Tumble.

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for George Luhrs work. Who else would have the signature round table, including the exploded view 5 cylinder radial, cirrus inline 4, single cylinder. Here is a hit & miss Olds running a compressor, the rest were in plastic cases.

I have to admit that this isn't the smallest wobbler I've seen. That honor goes to the guy I was sitting next to at NAMES 2 years ago.

Then there is the phenomenal work done by Ron Colonna here is a pair of Sealions.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 11:11:43 PM »
 Bill
The show ends today. This gives people time to get home. (especially the guys hauling the steam tractors)
For me, Thurs thru Saturday was just right.
Big time fun event. Even though the M.E. part is relatively small, with beautiful engines and non-stop spectators, the main events are worth the trip. Buildings full of running engines, steam and gasoline tractors, full size steam sawmill, etc.
In one building I found a section with every version of Rider hot air engines. All running and pumping.
The only thing missing were rides on the Shay. They are having a new boiler built and it wasn't ready for this year. Next year, though.
Plus, way too much PA Dutch food.
I'll post my pix tomorrow including, for Cletus, the V-8 barbecue.
Stay tuned
Best,
Stan

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Plus, way too much PA Dutch food.

Ach Himmel!  Pot pie (Mom made it by hand), Schnitz und Knepp and a nice slice of funeral pie; it almost makes me want to visit Allentown.  Fortunately, I still have a modicum of good sense so I'll settle for sushi, avocado and abalone.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal