Author Topic: Designing and old Viking 2.5 CI engine in Geomatic Design  (Read 11432 times)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Designing and old Viking 2.5 CI engine in Geomatic Design
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »
Works OK for me, nice job on the drawing, when do you start making swarf?

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
Now, that is as they say - a good question .....

I tried to make a pot-chuck with the correct offset, to get the stroke of the crank - just to discover the fact that my 3-jaw chuck is a few tenths too small to have the crank in the pot-chuck  :cussing:

I could make a slightly shorter stroked crank, just to get it running or I should do it differently ....  :noidea:

The engine has 3 defect parts because of con-rod bearing problems => wrist-pin, con-rod and crank.

I need a 5 mm. reamer for the big-end of the con-rod, so the only thing I could do right now, would be the wrist-pin and I will try to see if some of the old precision ground pins from floppy drives and the like, that I have can be used.

Offline LuP

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
Hi out there,
I have recently joined this forum and have access to all the Viking engines produced.
What are your problems?
Br
LuP
Luis, aeromodeller and pensioner ;-)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:01:28 PM »
LuP, welcome to the forum. We like to ask new members to post an intro. In the " introduce yourself," section, so that everyone may welcome you to the forum. Please do that as soon as you can. Meanwhile I am sure your help and contributions will be appreciated.

Bill

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 10:52:49 PM »
Hi LuP

Welcome here  :)

I'm guessing that you are Danish and on a longshot - are you by any chance Luis Poulsen (if I remember the name correctly) ?

I bought this old Viking some years ago and soon realized why all the others looking at it didn't buy it. It didn't worry me much as I have all intensions of restoring it (and others) when I get more time in the shop so to speak.

I'm not sure if it was run with the wrong fuel or how it got so bad and it's a weird that some parts are extremely worn wile others are fine. The big-end on the crank has some bad furrows and there's more than 0.1mm clearance between it and the con-rod. The piston pin is really bad too, but the piston, cylinder etc. is fine.

So I need to make a new crank, con-rod and piston pin. This should make it a runner again.

I have recently joined this forum and have access to all the Viking engines produced.

Sorry if I joke a bit with this one ;) - some claim that some 15000 Viking 2.5 where produced and you have them all  :o

I'm guessing that what you really mean, is that you have all the information and perhaps even some spareparts ...?...

If you have all available info on the Viking motors I for one would love to hear or read about it - it is probably more fitting to put on Adrians site http://adriansmodelaeroengines.com/.
I remember reading a bit of the story in my dads old "Teknik for Alle", but they are all gone.

Best wishes

Per
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:59:09 PM by Admiral_dk »

Offline haustrup

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »
Hi Admiral,
I noticed your information regarding the Viking 2.5 and that you were missing some parts for your rebuild.
I  know someone who has brand new parts in stock and he might have what you looked for. Right now I only remember I saw pistons and linings, in different sizes too (!) but I'm sure he has more.
Another thing is that I have some professional drawings of the engine - made as the final project by my wife when she was educated in the 1960th.
Regards
Steffen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal