Author Topic: File(r) 13  (Read 31748 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: File(r) 13
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »
Thanks for stopping by guys. It did feel great getting back to that side of the shop. I went back to the shop last night,cleaned the dust from the RT, a suitable angle plate was located for attaching the table to the RT, and a plan was mentally prepared for cutting the angle adjusting slot In the table.  This is getting fun all over again  :DrinkPint: :LittleDevil:.

Cletus

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »
Hey Eric

I'm a little slow getting a response sent but I am checking in and looking forward to watching you work!

Looking good so far :ThumbsUp:

Dave

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 09:51:20 PM »
I'll take a picture of Oliver's table to give you a frame of reference.  :Lol:
Best,
Stan

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
I am glad to see y'all actually machining something.
Best,
Stan

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »
I need Zee to add the colorful commentary to this, but  , CRAP, DOUBLE CRAP, and Aw CRAP. I forgot I have to attend my god sons graduation this weekend in Va. Lou just informed me we are leaving tomorrow and to have the RV packed, stocked with food, and ready for departure by noon tomorrow.  I should have known not to marry an old train masters daughter.  All aboard :lolb: :lolb: I was just getting in the zone  :lolb: :mischief:. Aw well I'll let the table stretch and relax this weekend  :cheers:

Cletus

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »
Have a safe trip my brother and don't worry the dust will still be waiting for you when you get back. Don't forget dog now.  :stickpoke:

Don  8)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
We'll see you on the flip side Cletus, Have a good trip.

Bill

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »
Bummer
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
Zee, no poop.  Now I gotta spend all weekend thinking about the RT setup :Jester:. My God son has had a hard way to go: Had a prenatal stroke resulting in the loss of the use of his right arm and leg, his father passed away at age ten, and then his favorite and closest uncle committed suicide.  Two weeks before his father passed from an anurism,  he asked that I be in charge of the boys estate and well being should something happen to him, little did we know :Doh:  Aw sh $t that's enough. Vern, give me some tool gloat, I'm starting to have a sensitive moment  :lolb:

Cletus

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »
Your Godson has certainly done it (and is doing it) tough but I can't think of a better person to have on his side.
Family is much more important than cast iron (and the hugs are better too).

Jim

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:47 AM »
Well, after graduation festivities, and one quiet restful evening with a nice grilled steak and a glass of exceptional wine; after several hundred miles, I jumped in the shed again, you know, a stress reliever :mischief: :naughty:.. I hope these pics turn out half a$$ed decent, took them with the old cell phone. I centered up the RT using a coaxial of some far Asian decent, found centers on the table, and bolted it to the largest angle plate I own. Aligned and centered the table, did the little Y axis offset for the radius, and then milled in 3 steps: First to make sure it was right at about .005 depth of cut, second, about a .050" cut, and final, a full thru slot. I then took a 45 degree bevel cutter and broke the edges on the nut side. I actually did this first with a .250 2 FLUTE CENTER CUTTING END MILL and the again with a .375 2 FLUTE CENTER CUTTING END MIIL. ( Whew, I said it Vern ;)) Well, by jiggy, the slotted arc turned out just ducky. Table, finished. I was on such a roll, I set the base up. After a little squaring, a little figuring, a little drilling, I am now at the point to bore for the crank or drive shaft. The prints say use a 1.25 x .625 steel bushing. However, it calls for mild steel on both bushing and shaft in the specs. I'd rather run bronze, but, .750" is as large as I have.  I have brass in 1.250" and 12L14. So, what do y'all suggest at this, my stopping point for the evening? Y'all tell everybody I said hey and here's the pics.

Cletus

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2015, 12:29:10 AM »
Nice work there Cletus!!  How about a two piece bushing, the larger diameter of 12L14 then insert the bronze in that. Even if the bronze isn't oversize it should clean up to an OD of .750" and with a bore of .625" that still leaves a wall thickness of 1/16".  Just a thought. The better option would be to break out that AMEX card and order the bronze in the larger size :)

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2015, 12:31:42 AM »
I agree with Bill on this Dog. And that slot is just to sweet you sure are on a roll my brother. You get a  :praise2: from me. Jam good job Dog............... :ThumbsUp:

:DrinkPint:
Don

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2015, 01:23:53 AM »
Yup me thinks that you need to order up a nice selection of 660 bronze; then you won't find your self in this predicament again!
So tell me why the hole didn't end up closer to the center of the boss? Is that just the way the castings are?

Nice work on the filer buddy.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:54:45 AM by Dave Otto »

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2015, 04:07:38 AM »
That is one nice curve! Can't best those CENTER CUTTING END MILLS
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal