Author Topic: Finally finished my half scale Olds Hit Miss  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Helder22

Finally finished my half scale Olds Hit Miss
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
Finally got off my butt and reassembled the engine again. Took a little fiddling around with the adjustments to get it running the way I wanted but its ok now. After it breaks in Ill reduce the speed a little, hopefully. I'm moving from the island of Grenada in a couple of weeks so I'll polish it all up and get rid of any of the surface rust after I arrive in Brazil. EVERYTHING seems to rust here on the island fast  :censored:, so I'm not going to bother while I'm here.
Here's a video for you guys:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHm98mMMr8Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHm98mMMr8Y</a>
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:33:49 AM by Helder22 »

Offline Jimsmodels

Re: Finally finished my half scale Olds Hit Miss
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:43:55 PM »
Helder22
Nice job on the Olds. I build mine clear back in 1983. I see it is one of the original Paul Briesch kits. I can tell by the B on the water hopper. They are a great running engine. Mine has Literally hundreds of hours on it. I used to hook it up to a homemade pump jack and water pump, and  pump water for hours, at the shows I attend. I had the pleasure of visiting with Paul Briesch many times, he was a real gentleman. Here are a couple pictures of mine
in my model trailer.
Enjoy your Model Olds.
Jim G.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Finally finished my half scale Olds Hit Miss
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »
Fine looking engine and a good runner too Helder. I hope you will also post an intro in the introduce yourself section and tell us a bit about yourself and your modeling interests and what you are up to recently now that the Olds is finished.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal