Author Topic: Double ignition pcb board etched  (Read 236 times)

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Double ignition pcb board etched
« on: October 17, 2019, 01:40:29 AM »
Played around seeing if I could get pcb's etched I used muriatic acid  and hydrogen peroxide. Seemed to work pretty well.

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
Re: Double ignition pcb board etched
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:46:49 AM »
I used to buy a kit from radio shack that worked real well. Used a sharpie pen and dry transfer pads to create the traces. Not sure what was in the pen or the bottle of etch fluid but it might be worth the research as it made real nice crisp lines.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »
This was my first attempt. I'm going to give it another go I have one of those kits left over when I was doing stereo stuff. It's like 45 years old lol. On this first attempt I used a laser jet printer to print then ironed it onto the pcb. And then used the acid etch. I checked all conductivity of the board all looks good. While the next board is in the acid I'll add the components. I think the sharpy was just a normal sharpy I'll give it a test on the next board. I'll add a smiley face and see if it comes out.   

Offline tghs

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »
I have done some simple acid etching to make thin brass model parts only using sharpie as a resist and scribe to mark the "cut" lines...micromark sells a resist etching kit to do more complex things,, jameco has many things like radioshack ..
what the @#&% over

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »
Ok here is my 2nd try I did draw a couple smile's with just a plaain sharpie fine point pen. Plus I did find 1 old kit from my year past they still work even after about 50 yrs!

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:34:28 AM »
I'm making up a few dual boards worked on it today a little.