Author Topic: Coolspring PA. 2015 Flame Ignition Expo!  (Read 11341 times)

Offline Myrickman

Re: Coolspring PA. 2015 Flame Ignition Expo!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Bringing the Swan, Brayton and Myrick models as I am hauling another larger engine home. The neat thing about CPM is that just when you thing you've seen it all, it shows up there!

Offline Jimsmodels

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »
Dave
I am bringing a 5hp New Holland, and a 2hp. Economy that are sold. Well also have a real nice IHC. Tomb Thumb for sale. I well also have a real nice model made from a Air compressor, and a 8cycle aeromotor with the walking beam and pump for sale . Mite throw in a couple more that are collecting dust in the shop. Have to see how much room I have in the truck.
See you all there!!
Jim G.

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:06 AM »
I don't know why I had been thinking that Coolspring was way over in eastern PA. Looking at a map today, I realized it's a reasonable day's drive for me.

I had already listed the museum as an eventual must-see, but looking at the list of rare engines for the expo, it seems I'd better start planning the trip.

--Tim

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
Hi Tim

Lodging may be an issue; I suspect this late in the game motel rooms will be scarce.

Paul, glad to hear that you are coming; I look forward to meeting you.
Jim, I will look for your engines out in the field.

Everyone; lets plan on meeting at the Susong building, noon on Saturday and see if we can get a group picture.

Dave

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:55 AM »
Lodging may be an issue; I suspect this late in the game motel rooms will be scarce.

I figured as much. Still I'll call around and see what's possible.

--Tim

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »
Be sure to check the neighboring cities; I will be in Clarion Wednesday night then on to Brookdale for the remainder of my stay. One other thing I have learned is not to trust web sites like Travelocity; go directly to the hotels web site and check for room availability.

Dave

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
I made my reservation two months ago and the closest I could find was Dubois,Pa, about a 30 minute drive. Dave is correct. Direct call to the hotel was much better.
Best,
Stan

Offline Jimsmodels

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »
To all who are going to Cool Springs and were asking if they were running any of there engines, if you go on Harry's SMOK STAK , and check the postings,
Wayne Grenning has posted the schedule of when things well be running. They well also give you a pamphlet when you come thru the gate.
Hope this helps!
JIm Gehringer

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
To all who are going to Cool Springs and were asking if they were running any of there engines, if you go on Harry's SMOK STAK , and check the postings,
Wayne Grenning has posted the schedule of when things well be running. They well also give you a pamphlet when you come thru the gate.
Hope this helps!
JIm Gehringer

Thanks for the pointer, looks to be a must-see event!

Offline Jimsmodels

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
Some of you guys were  asking about motels. If you go on the Cool Spring's Power Museum web they have all the hotels in area listed
under lodging link. Last I heard there are still rooms available at some hotels near there, but none in Brookfield.
Good Luck!
Jim Gehringer

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 05:06:26 PM »
I found lodging the other night just after I posted. I didn't try to get real close, but close enough.

I'm going!

--Tim

Offline Myrickman

Re: Coolspring PA. 2015 Flame Ignition Expo! Group picture
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »
Dave
You may want to have the picture taken on Friday afternoon as by sat at noon, everyone has pretty much pulled up stakes and left. I usually am out of there by noon also as I have a 5-6 hr drive to home. Paul

Offline Bobsmodels

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 07:40:03 PM »
Dave

I agree with Paul.   Jim, Larry and I will be pulling out fri night leaving sat morning from the motel, we have a 8-9 hour drive 550 miles.

Bob Nawa

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
Friday at noon works for me; I will hang around Saturday and fly out Sunday morning. Is 12 noon ok? or would there be a better time?

Dave

Offline Bobsmodels

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
Dave

How about a little later, it looked like Stan was getting there in the afternoon.  How about 2pm hopefully everyone will be around by then.

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal