Author Topic: NAMES 2015 Pictures  (Read 23845 times)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
Re: NAMES 2015 Pictures
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 11:31:14 PM »
Great shots. Thank you all.

Definitely on my bucket list. Must attend.

I'll feel better once I start contributing a build.  ;D
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »
Almost. Put this one on your list.
Best,
Stan

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »
For those that want to make plans for next year. For parking the group has a shuttle bus making runs between the High school parking lot on Eureka rd and the Yack. It is only 4 short blocks from the Yack but plenty of additional parking  It runs on Saturday from the start to the last car is out of the lot. This year that was about 3pm, when the drive said there were no more cars in the lot. You can Google the Yack and high school to get an idea of how close they are.

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 01:18:32 AM »
Thanks for all the wonderful pictures guys.

Dave

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 02:25:17 AM »
Hi all,
My wife and I had a good trip home today. Stan thanks for all the photos. I was starting to think I was gone every time you posted photos of the MEM gang but I was at the end of the second slideshow. Thanks for all your organizing skills to make our little portion of the show happen. I attempted to take photos Saturday thinking I was thwarted by a full sd card, only to find it had not clicked into place. Resulting in lots of them on Sunday. Here's some more eye candy.
Art

http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/Art-K/slideshow/NAMES%202015
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 02:42:24 AM »
Look at what followed me home from NAMES :ROFL:

Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 05:14:44 AM »
Hi Steve and Art, thanks for the pictures. I appreciate it very much that this kind of documention from your shows is available at MEM.
Kind Regards
Achim

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »
Thanks for another great set of photos Ken.

I did have a set of the 1/6th scale castings but moved them on when I got the 1/3rd scale ones, look forward to seeing how you get on with teh little one.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
More great pictures Art...many thanks.  Nice looking set of castings too, I will look forward to your build.

Bill

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »
Great photos everyone.  Thanks for your efforts to bring us "absentees" to the show.

Art, I expect to see that Galloway running on your next visit here :cheers:

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline kvom

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »
Here's a video of an engine that both Stan and I admired.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMdw0xglFI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMdw0xglFI</a>

I located the book containing the plans and ordered it on eBay, as did Stan.  I also ordered a flywheel casting from Martin's Models:  5-1/2" diameter with 5 curved spokes.  My version won't be as shiny as this one however.

It's similar to the McOnie in concept but clearly an easier build, with no castings needed.  I was told that the plans are excellent as well.  The book has plans for two other interesting wobblers as well.

Offline kvom

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »
Another video of two interesting engines.  The cylinders have a curved bore, and the piston rod is also curved.  Why?  No one knows.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpvHa7Ziqa8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpvHa7Ziqa8</a>

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Art
Thanks for the pix. Glad you got the memory card sorted out.

On the wobbler.  I believe Kurt is doing his CNC. I'm kicking around the idea of modeling the frame in Inventor, then 3D printing and sending it to Cattail Foundry

From Keith Rucker's website

"Cattail is a Amish ran foundry that runs as a sideline business to their farming operations. The specialize in gray iron and aluminum castings for steam hobbyist but will be glad to make OWWM parts as well. Since they are Amish, contacting them electronically or even by phones can be complicated. They do have a phone number that will allow you to leave a message and they will call you back, but don't expect anybody to actually answer (it is worth calling just to listen to the recording on the answering machine!) Most OWWM'ers will simply box up the part or pattern they need to have reproduced and mail it to them. Typically, six to eight weeks later, you will get your pattern and new castings back in a box with an invoice. They do excellent work and are very reasonable in price."

More here
http://www.farmcollector.com/steam-traction/after-21-years-a-thank-you-to-all-from-cattail-foundry.aspx
Best,
Stan

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 05:43:10 PM »
I was intrigued by the overhead crank oscillator as well.  I couldn't figure out what book the plans came from. Kvom's posting of the name Roy Ozouf helped.

The name of the book is Three Elegant Oscillators by Roy Ozouf, and appears to only be available on ebay. I'll order one too.

I suppose since kvom and Stan are considering doing the frames with CNC and casting respectively, it would only be proper for me to consider fabrication. We'll see.

--Tim

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 05:59:20 PM »
Looks like we'll have this year's version of the Rider-Ericsson builds.
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal