Author Topic: Cabin Fever Pictures 2015  (Read 34298 times)

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Re: Cabin Fever Pictures 2015
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 11:11:31 AM »
Thanks, Phil
It's fun for me.
Best,
Stan

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
Another great show!
I had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. It was great to meet several of you that I knew from the website.
I really enjoy this hobby. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.
cheepo45

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Ok, I'm back amongst the living,  a 20 hour day Saturday cooking  and a good bit of Kentucky straight bourbon(they bought the single barrel stuff  8)) put me down for a while.  I really want to say that by everyone saying how much they missed me makes me feel warm all over.  Looks like y'all had a great showing and that makes me happy also.  I've certainly enjoyed all the pics and it made me both proud and sad.  To all the regular old gang, and the rest I was so looking forward to seeing and meeting;  " till next time ". I'm not even going to try and make any redneck humor as usual,  ' cause  you've just shown me (and the rest ) what a wonderful bunch of guys you are. And everyone is correct,  as long as Vern (Stan) is in charge of the "colors" it'll be a top notch presentation  :praise2: To those I owe a  PM reply to, hang on I'll get it done. Again,  from Lou, DOG, and I ; Thanks, we love you guys :cheers:

Eric

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »
Looks to have been a great show, congratulations to all involved  :praise2: :praise2: It's also nice to put some faces to the familiar names  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Roger

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2015, 01:47:38 AM »
Guys please tell me we are not done with the pictures; there has to be more?

What happened to our friend form Texas? I haven't seen any pictures of Maury's table.

Dave

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2015, 02:14:54 AM »
Dave Maury was set up as a vender and not with the group. I guess none of us go around to take pictures of his engine. I did talk to him and at the time didn't have my IPAD with me to take pictures. His engine was awesome.

Don

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
Don,
I did get a chance to talk to Maury and get some pictures of his fabulous engine.

He's working on plans for a really nice Beam Engine that he is going to describe here at some point

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2015, 04:50:48 AM »
Thanks guys for the great pictures - wish I could have been there. Have never been to Cabin Fever and will also miss NAMES this year.

Offline jschoenly

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Well guys, we still have some recovering to do but I wanted to make sure I got a big THANK YOU out to everyone.  While I was running around most of the weekend and not able to see everyone, it was a pleasure to have you all and you are in fact what MAKES the show.  Glad everyone is either safely home or on the way.  I hope everyone safe travels on to your next events, either NAMES or other shows.

Thanks again and hoping to have everyone back in January!
Jared
                                 Cabin Fever Expo
--- Model Engineering and Home Shop Hobbies in all Forms! ---

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2015, 03:24:41 PM »
Jared
Without you and Gary, we'd be showing our engines on some street corner.  :ROFL:
Thanks for putting together another excellent show.
See you in January.
Best,
Stan

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »
I agree, thanks Gary and Jared for getting us all under one roof.

Stan,
we'd be showing our engines on some street corner

That's a great idea for filling in time between shows  :Jester:

Hey, it beats mowing the lawn

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
I can see all of the "Will work for brass" signs
Best,
Stan

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
I have this mental image of Stan on the sidewalk outside a seedy biker bar in the worst part of Philly...

As he pulls his long overcoat open, "Psst, fella,  wanna see an engine?"

Sorry, Stan, couldn't resist.

Exhibiting engines can be both fun and rewarding.  Some time back I was invited by a local middle school to show some engines.  In my presentation, I attempted to convey some of the history of the development of prime movers during the Industrial Revolution.

First I talked about the earliest atmospheric steam engines and how they condensed the steam inside the cylinder to capture the force of the atmospheric pressure.  Lacking an engine of that type I told them that a flamenfresser did something similar and demonstrated one of those.

After a discussion of the power limitation imposed by using atmospheric pressure, I introduced the idea of letting the steam expand inside the engine and ran two of my mill engine models, explaining that the boiler used to make steam was dangerous in a classroom setting so we would be using compressed air.

Finally, an explanation that boiler explosions killed people in the day provided a segue into the idea of a steamless engine that used the heat source directly, i.e., a Stirling.

The whole talk/demo lasted perhaps 25 minutes.  To provide some entertainment I finished by letting students "operate" two of the breath-powered engines I had brought.

Everyone, including the teachers, seemed delighted by the presentation and the Q&A session at the end provided some perceptive and entertaining queries.  I was invited back several times after that.

I encourage all of you to get in touch with your local middle schools and see if they would appreciate a similar presentation.  It's a fun outing and the kids get to see stuff unavailable in the usual curriculum as well as learn something about our industrial history.

Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
Marv-

Unfortunately in today's world, in some districts, you need to have your clearances along with a background check in order to enter a classroom.  This applies to the parents as well.  I live in the sticks and this is how our district operates. 

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
Bob is correct. At least in PA.
It was infinitely easier to get my concealed carry permit.
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal