Author Topic: Cabin Fever Pictures 2015  (Read 34334 times)

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My photo website
Re: Cabin Fever Pictures 2015
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »
Many thanks from me too for posting the pics, some real top quality workmanship on show there.

Tim
Measure with a Micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe. MI0TME

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 09:50:01 PM »
It was great to see everyone again that attended the show. The wife a I had an great time. To  all the members who I meet this trip I really enjoyed meeting you and glad to have had a chance to talk to all of you in person. And all my pass friends it was great to see all of you again. The supper was a very memorable occasion and it felt like I was with family. Truly a bunch of great guys to be with and from my wife and I we want to say thanks you for being who you are.
We have arrived home and hope all that are traveling back to your loved ones a safe journey home.

Thanks you Don

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:20 PM »
Right on, Don. A great time.
Next year we go to Springbucket TN and drag Cletus to Cabin Fever.
Best,
Stan

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
Heck, let's just start a show at Springbucket, TN. The food (at the venue that is) would be a darn sight better for sure!!

Bill

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »
I greatly enjoyed attending the show again this year and seeing "old" friends and making new ones. This group is like an extended family and I am glad that I have started down this slick road of model engine making.  :ROFL:

Here is a video that I made of this year's show, although mostly of my "TigTac" and George's impressive gas-powered models. Hopefully by next year I'll be in better shape and less pain after my upcoming back operations. You may be able to see my pain through my smiles in some of the pictures shown in other posts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8naEh12f4IE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8naEh12f4IE</a>

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »
Right on, Don. A great time.
Next year we go to Springbucket TN and drag Cletus to Cabin Fever.
That's a big ten four dog. We missed you Dog.............
Stan my friend I want to thank you for all the organizing you have done to make it a memorable day. Cheers to you my friend.................. :drinking-41:

Don

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 11:55:45 PM »
Hey Paul, you got a shot of the big version of Tiny.  The real small one was mounted in the vee block with micrometer.  That's some great video of George and his engines.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:05 AM »
I just got home about an hour ago. Unloaded the car, sat down and talked with the wife, and headed for the computer to drop a short note about the show.
First of all I would like to thank Stan Shire for saving me some space and putting up the MEM banner. Second thank you goes to all the guys who helped me unload and set up.
What a great bunch of guys. I only had one chance to do a quick go-round as I was on my feet from 9:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Saturday talking with the crowds and running the engines almost non stop.
Dinner was great both nights, the company and the conversation.
Don, it was great to meet you and your wife. I hope I didn't put her on the spot with my show questions.
We need Bill and some people down south to put on a show in their neck of the woods.
Thanks gentlemen,
George D. Britnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 01:38:09 AM »
Glad you got home safely George, and thanks for being the centerpiece for the MEM groups display this year. A most memorable show for sure, great company, and lots of beautiful models to inspire us. Its nice to see the hobby so active and thriving. Rest up, I am sure you will be just as popular at NAMES :)

Bill

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 01:40:24 AM »
George can't do NAMES. He's got a surprise birthday party coming up. Damn. I've given it away.
Happy birthday, George!!
Best,
Stan

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:03 AM »
I just got home about an hour ago. Unloaded the car, sat down and talked with the wife, and headed for the computer to drop a short note about the show.
First of all I would like to thank Stan Shire for saving me some space and putting up the MEM banner. Second thank you goes to all the guys who helped me unload and set up.
What a great bunch of guys. I only had one chance to do a quick go-round as I was on my feet from 9:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Saturday talking with the crowds and running the engines almost non stop.
Dinner was great both nights, the company and the conversation.
Don, it was great to meet you and your wife. I hope I didn't put her on the spot with my show questions.
We need Bill and some people down south to put on a show in their neck of the woods.
Thanks gentlemen,
George D. Britnell

George glad to see you made it home Safely my friend. I wouldn't worry to much as there was no harm done with the wife. It was a pleasure to meet you and I a joy talking to you. Your collection of engines is superb and an inspiration to us all. It would be great to have shows closer to home and if it was possible to start one close by I am all for it. Happy Birthday my friend and hope you have many more.

Don

Offline Phil_L

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 02:03:37 AM »
I just wanted to say what a great group of folks!  It was truly an honor to have been included with such a talented group.
I had been on the fence with exhibiting this year but Stan's invite made up my mind.  I'm glad I did!  It was great to meet everyone and have a chance to talk and exchange ideas.  I'm already looking forward to January.

Thanks everyone!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 02:05:42 AM »
Ah yes, I forgot that. In that case, Happy Birthday George...NAMES loss was Cabin Fever's gain. Enjoy the time with your family.

Bill

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 02:54:21 AM »
I'm glad to hear everyone made it home without incident. I had a great time with the MEM family. I will get my pictures posted on Tuesday night. I agree With Bill Lindsey Having George was our gain and names loss. 

Dave

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:26 AM »
Hi guys,
Sorry I did not get to spend a lot of time with you all.  I had a great time as usual and it was great to talk to those of you that I could connect with. As an exhibitor with another group, the Rough & Tumble gang, I found it hard to break away and chat.  DReeves, SShire, Mosey, XLnotch, B. Lindsey and others, thanks for showing me your models and explaining their operating features.  What a great bunch of gearheads.

Personally I'd like to thank this guy

He took a lot of time to coordinate the MEM gang and he had some super engines on display.  Sorry about the fuzzy pic Stan, but remember I'm just a rookie and I didn't have my Nikon and tripod with me :naughty:

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal