Author Topic: UK MEM @ Guildford 2015  (Read 17883 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: UK MEM @ Guildford 2015
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:05 AM »
What was the problem with the new camera Jo?

:-[ Me I am not confident with it or its software yet.

And having remembered to take my older camera yesterday I found its battery had no charge in it  :rant:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Niels Abildgaard

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »
Thank You Jason for nice pictures.
Picture no 6 show a sidevalve fourstroke.
Has it been written about somewhere and how much power?
Picture shows a small corner of a drawing.Can we se the whole drawing?

Kind regards
Niels Abildgaard

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »
It's Rod's (Tanglers) engine. I'm sure it has been mentioned here before, Rod will likely be along in a while to give you the details and also hopefully post some Video of engines running yesterday.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
I'll keep on paying the couple of $ a month ;)

Oh and did I mention its a lot quicker to use PB with the cheapest payed option as you don't get slowed by the adverts loading

:shrug: I am still keeping my monthly out goings to a minimum until after my planned retirement next year  :mischief:, once I know if I am going to be able to fund my chosen life style I may consider additional expenses but when you work you are money rice and time poor, retirement is time rich and money poor  :-\.

As I see it I can have a nice piece of Steak or pay for a photosuckit account each month :noidea: And don't get me on how many bottles of wine giving up Sky Tv funded   :wine1:

Jo

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 11:35:27 AM »
Jo

If it's decent stuff you drink then it would be a couple of bottles not cases

Most expensive stuff we have drunk , before my Medes turned me tea total  was a free gift at Tunberry hotel champagne at £130 a bottle , mine you it was nice being free

Anyway back to your camera , to get used to it set it for medium size capture ,set it to your favourite P&P and take plenty of pics I mean hundered . The canon software is basic but gets the job done for uploading , set the focus point to single centre

So you know what it's doing set up a simple test put three things batteries or WHY in a line about 150mm apart set up at a angle focus on the centre one , yes do use the auto focus the you will see what's what with the focus DOF

I use a old 7d with a few L lens,s some ar even white on the outside  :stir:

Sorry Jason but I stand with Jo on the photsucit I tried to pause the show to look at the models in more detail even with it on slow it was to quick and small
A link to the pic would be nice as its then down to the viewer to decide

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
Thank you for posting the pictures Jason. Maybe one day I will get there to visit/exhibit again.
Best regards

Roger

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »
Well, I had a lovely weekend, so nice to chat to like minded people - one or 2 of them were even interested in my engines, which was nice :)
A random selection of photos:

I'm not sure what has just happened to Mrs Tangler :o

Jo trying out the new camera

I like these because I've done a bit of this - I particulary like the Hurdy-Gurdy

I recently bought the boiler kit, wheels and gears from a stalled project for Minnie so that's me sorted for the next 10 years

and a little bit of video;

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovd_ROZQttE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovd_ROZQttE</a>

That Titan is NOISY!  I still can't believe it's only 10cc  (0.60 cu in)

Cheers,

Rod

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »
Looks like me and Eric are twins, at least from the waist down :-\ Well almost, I don't like turnups as they collect too much swarf :ShakeHead:

Thanks for the additional pics Rod

Direct link to the Guildford album for those that want to look at individual photos but the pause tab on the slideshow will do the same job.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasonballamy/library/Amberley%2008/Guildford%201015

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »
Thank You Jason for nice pictures.
Picture no 6 show a sidevalve fourstroke.
Has it been written about somewhere and how much power?
Picture shows a small corner of a drawing.Can we se the whole drawing?

Niels,

Probably easiest to see the details here: http://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Scaup_10cc.html

I've had it up to 8000rpm on an 11" x 6" prop which is roughly 1/3 HP or about 250W.

Best Wishes,

Rod

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »
That Titan is NOISY!  I still can't believe it's only 10cc  (0.60 cu in)

It was only ticking over at under 7000rpm  :ShakeHead:, you should hear it with its shorter prop when it is running at 9000 rpm >:D

I am sure I asked Eric if I was allowed to start my own engine but he does like to play with model engines and until he has got it running just how he likes it it is difficult to be allowed near your own engine  :-\

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 09:07:02 PM »
Most of my photos  :facepalm2:

As I mentioned I am struggling with the camera so just a couple of different ones that I don't think any one else took  ;)

Jo

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2015, 06:46:15 AM »
Jo

Your camera is choosing the focus point for you looks like it is getting the nearest point to focus on

Try to set it to centre and point that were you want not were the camera thinks it wants

Interesting engine in your pics

You should have let Titan have its head at let him roar

Stuart

My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
Hi Stuart,

That is a Halls Rotary for which I have a set of castings  :embarassed:  This model turned up in the trader's field for £600 and had sold before it touched the table, it was all I could do to get the five pictures I did before its new owner quickly hid it away again.

A for the Titan: Next time we will do it properly >:D

Jo

Offline Niels Abildgaard

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 08:53:56 AM »
Thank You Rod for an interresting read.
You mention that You want an cheap source for Tungsten and that can be found by searching TUNGSTEN PINE CAR on the Ebay (USA).

Niels

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 07:28:52 AM »
I received a note from the GMES Rally Chairman:

Dear Exhibitors and Traders,

Just a few lines to express the Guildford Model Engineering Society's members sincere thanks to you all for supporting our Rally last weekend.

Judging by the happy atmosphere on both Saturday and Sunday we gave a lot of pleasure to a lot of people that was a joy to see.  We are greatly indebted to you for helping make it all happen by bringing along your exhibits for display, railway locomotives for passenger hauling, traction engines to trundle around on, and last but certainly not least trade stands so that visitors could buy bits and pieces for their projects.

For those of you who have not seen it, David Carpenter has summed up our event  in his inimitable way on the modelengineeringwebsite http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Guildford_2015.html#9 and we agree with everything he says.

Speaking of next year we are planning hold our annual Rally and Exhibition, our 49th, on the first week-end of July again, but the date needs to be confirmed by Guildford Borough Council before we can formally announce it later this year. We all at GMES look forward to meeting you again next year.

With kind regards,

Roger Curtis,  GMES Rally Chairman 2015

I for one am looking to go next year and the IC engine builders are hinting that they would like to come and join us  8)  We will be having a dry run at the Bristol show on the 14th August .

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal