Author Topic: UK MEM @ Guildford 2015  (Read 17878 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: UK MEM @ Guildford 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 11:36:57 PM »
Looks like a quality display to me. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the show!!

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Today after a few non starts (the fuel tank was too low in the morning :ShakeHead:) the Titan ran. Having had a longer prop fitted quietened/slowed her down did a bit and she only reached 7K  :( , a shorter prop would have made her run faster/louder :naughty: Tangler took the video so hopefully you can see it later.

Before anyone asks I did not buy any castings, any that came home with me were a gift from a very nice man who knows how to butter up a lady :embarassed:

All in all another enjoyable show and the club did not make a loss so we achieved what we set out to do: to provide a show where we can get together and show off/have a good natter about building engines, thanks Rod and Jason  ;D

Jo

P.S. My needlework went down well: I had some offers for my Winne the Pooh cushions  8)
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »
Jo, when do you find time to do needlework??  Maybe you should let us see some of it  :stir:.

Back when my girls were small I did some needlepoint and later cross-stitching. I found the hand work relaxing though I wasn't involved in machining at the time either.  My granddaughter is turning 5 this month and for Christmas I will be building her a dollhouse and hope to make it an interactive activity...Saturday morning trips to the big box store to pick out paint colors...or to the craft store to pick out wallpapers, etc.  Long story short, I will be giving her as part of her birthday present a needlepoint oriental rug I made probably 30 years ago, back when my eyes could still do that close up detailed work. It has been carefully put away all these years and still looks as good as the day I finished it.

Still looking forward to pics and video from the show. Glad it was successful !!

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 08:03:50 PM »
Special for you Bill my needlework.

Sadly I took my new camera and I am not used to it yet  :wallbang:

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
Delightful Jo!!  I can see why they were so popular too!! Thanks for the picture!!

Bill

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
I think a good weekend was had by all :)

I have put the photos that I took of both the MEM members engines and others around the tent is a slideshow. The small engine that Jo is holding is a "Nano" made by Anthony Boxall who is more commonly known for his small versions of Anthony Mounts engines, the William Armstrong just before them is his latest.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasonballamy/slideshow/Amberley%2008/Guildford%201015

Enjoy, Jason

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Jason. Lots to look at and a nice variety between stationary steam, aero engines, locos, and even a few boat models there at the end. Thanks for taking the time to photograph them and post them for us.

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »
I must say Photosuckit's slide shows are very poor: part of the screen is lost by the advert banner across the top :disappointed: and the lower part by the strip at the bottom  :facepalm:

If you view the photo's directly you realise that even more is cut off :censored:

Jo

Online sco

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »
Thanks for the pics Jason - like the stationary engine shown in Photo 24, any more details it just says 'Dutch design' on the card?

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 03:02:48 AM »
Thanks much Jason for taking the time to share your photos.

Don

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:07 AM »
Hi Jason, thanks for sharing the pictures with. Do you have a video of the running ocelot ?
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »
Jo, Try something more than the basic Photobucket and you don't get the adverts

Simon, Affraid not there were very few details but it was a nice model

Achim, Yes I have a video though its still running on 1.5 cylinders and needs some more playing with to get it running at full strength

[youtube1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L64ItB3xgw[/youtube1]

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
I mentioned it because everyone who is not a personal fee payer to Photosuckit will suffer in the same way :disappointed: I personally prefer embedded links as they don't pull across the  :censored: and I can provide some sort of naming/description of the engines.

If only I was used to this new camera  :toilet_claw:

Jo

Online sco

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:24 AM »
What was the problem with the new camera Jo?

Have ordered myself a new camera so about to go through this same learning curve....

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
I look at it another way, by having one link I can copy and past that on several forums which means lots more people can enjoy the photos and that also saves me time. If I attach them here only members can see than so that excludes any casual guests who may not want to join. So in both cases PB wins for me.

I much prefer the text next to each photo on a build thread rather than having to flick up and down the page trying to work out what each photo is which is a downsid eto using attachments on this forums software. PB also lets me add a name description which you will see under most of the photos in PB.

PB also resizes them all for me automatically when I upload to a nice size for use on forums so again another advantage.

I'll keep on paying the couple of $ a month ;)

Oh and did I mention its a lot quicker to use PB with the cheapest payed option as you don't get slowed by the adverts loading

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal