Author Topic: Arduino project finished  (Read 6341 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Arduino project finished
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:33:12 AM »
I finally got my Arduino project finished.

The box is from Digi-Key.  http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CU-3283/377-1218-ND/428968

Button switches also from Digi-Key. http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0&keywords=eg1311-nd

Port for the Gecko connection.

This port was cut by hand as was the hole for the USB connector.

Many thanks to cfellows for the inspiration to start this project, and Gary Liming for his sketch. The switches are working with no modification to the sketch.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
Re: Arduino project finished
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 04:55:45 AM »
Nicely done! Can you set the table to any angle by programming it and having the stepper motor adjust the table rotation? It might need a zero set, which could be done manually, but otherwise by some sort of sensor to detect a zero angle position.

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
Yes, Gray's sketch has 4 modes. Jog, run ,step & angle. You can disengage the worm on the table to Zero, then use jog for fine adjustment.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline Dan Rowe

• Dripping Springs TX USA
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »
Yes, Gray's sketch has 4 modes. Jog, run ,step & angle. You can disengage the worm on the table to Zero, then use jog for fine adjustment.

Is the sketch available online?

Thanks
Dan
ShaylocoDan

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:15 AM »
Gary

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 05:28:09 AM »
Nice project.  I like the custom enclosure and switches.  By the way, I know where Tarkio, Mo is.  I was born and raised just across the state line in southwest Iowa.

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline rodw

• Vehicle Modifications Network
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
Looks great. Please do me a favour and enclose your Gecko so you don't short it out like I did with mine. Set and Return to home position is another useful feature which I have built into the sketch I have built. http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=24118

RodW
Brisbane, Australia

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 01:36:36 AM »
And here is another finished project for the Arduino.

rodw

Notice, I covered the Gecko.

Gary

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:38 AM »
Hi Rod,
 The looks cool, I guess you are going to use it to index items in the collets. Do you change the Arduino between the rotary table & the spindle? If you are interested I posted up my version of Kwackers rotary table, while I was hunting around the net I found a guy who makes end covers for Nema 23 stepper motors, they come with a plug so you can easily disconnect the cable & reconnect between what ever you want to drive. If I understand Kwackers instruction correctly you can have 5 different devices programmed into it.....haven't got to that yet but have a cunning plan, but that project is still way down the list!

Here's the link to stepper cover....

http://www.homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=107

Cheers Kerrin

Get excited and make something!

Offline rodw

• Vehicle Modifications Network
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 01:59:34 PM »
And here is another finished project for the Arduino.

rodw

Notice, I covered the Gecko.

Nice, glad you covered it.  :)

Steamer, thanks. I saw the cover at Homman Designs.That is where I got my stepper driver from that I blew up. My project is on hold until replacements arrive. I ended up buying a 4 axis kit with a breakout board but it has not arrived yet. I got a bit of inspiration from Kwackers input on a thread about my sketch on this forum. In my sketch, parameters are stored in the EEPROM memory so it is possible to add more than 1 stepper to the Arduino and set the device you want to use from the controller. devices can be linear or rotary and I have in mind adding a stepper drive as a power feed to my SX3 mill. It would probaby get more use than the rotary table.

I was hoping to add a basic macro language to the Arduino and add an SD card to store and retrieve scripts but I don't think there is enough global memory left on the Arduino to do it. It might be possible if the menu system was reprogrammed to use strings stored in FLASH RAM. But I doubt that I have the time to edit the third party library.
RodW
Brisbane, Australia

Offline fpravenscroft

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
hi
just thought i'd put a picture of my dividing head to say many thanks to chuck
regards
peter

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal